Picking up my new 68 plate tomorrow!

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Picking up my new 68 plate tomorrow!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Redboofie
    Participant

UK - England

Its September 2018 and the Mk4 Focus is in showrooms and I’m picking up my new 68 plate RS in white.  How many unregistered cars are left?  I have searched the internet and there are a dozen in dealerships all in white…  did Ford loose them down the back of a sofa and find a dozen after a clearout?  I am confused…  any ideas?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

That’s a good find can’t be many new ones left.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Did you get a cracking deal on the last of the run out RS Mk3

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Lionel Mandrake
    Blocked

UK - England

Have you taken delivery yet?

Redboofie
    Participant

UK - England

Picked up today.  £4k of options included and 1st year tax all for normal list price.  Checked Vista (?) screen and my RS was built last year and has been hanging around for 10 months unregistered.  Comes with Sync 3 which is a bonus.  I  wonder if it may have been a US model converted at the factory to right hand drive?  I remember reading somewhere Ford did this with hundreds of unsold cars after the 1991 stock market crash.  Curious that all the remaining cars are white which is the most popular colour in the US…

flywafu
    Participant

UK - England

I picked mine up on 29 Aug, 18 plate. Got a v good deal if registered before 1st Sept. £1500 off… For an RS to get anything off I think is pretty good. When I was choosing I was informed that there were 16 left, white, blue and Magnetic. I choose mine because of the spec.. Magnetic, bucket seats, lux pack, forged wheels, blue callipers… Nearly got a blue one from Gloucester but travelled to Orpington in Kent to buy… they offered the same price as Gloucester, with the addition of bucket seats.. albeit Gloucester car had winter pack.. plus wanted to be different and not buy blue…

Magnetic Grey with Dreamscience IMAP. K&N filter plus a few other goodies..

flywafu
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to add. When I picked up my car Orpington had x2 blue ones unregistered within there showroom. 29 Aug 18. Both top spec excluding sunroof. Real helpful dealer too… my discount was £500 off for test drive and £1000 if registered before 1st Sept

Magnetic Grey with Dreamscience IMAP. K&N filter plus a few other goodies..

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Redboofie

Sounds a good deal indeed £4K off a new motor sometimes it pays to wait for the model end of roll out I did the same in the 90’s with a Mk5 RS2000 yep the champ is back one (twin bulge) and took one home fo £9999.00.

I Didn’t have a choice on colour or options but I was happy. Bargain as at that time they retailed at £16kyxygx

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Kevin Powell
    Participant

UK - England

Had my 68 reg delivered to my door on 1st Sept at 8.15 am, bought via the Web from Jennings Ford Stockton.

D Day

Kevuk20

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I know some basic spec white ones were bulk ordered for Japan, seems they took a fair amount from a dealer I know , they cancelled the last few orders i think so have a white one with std seats and silver wheels and no sunroof or ACS.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@kevin – nice one. Jennings always seemed to have a healthy supply of RS models. I test drove their Stockton demonstrator a while ago, it was that drive which convinced me I needed a RS.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations Kevin, enjoy and happy RS’ing there’ll be many smiles per miles to come and the grin will last for a long time ?

Honorary Member

scotiasteve
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Picked up my second RS after selling my blue Mk3 last year.

I went for a RS in white this time, fully loaded and with delivery miles.

Very happy with it.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations Steve. Enjoy and happy RS’ing any pics to share please ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Picking up my new 68 plate tomorrow!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!