PICKING UP NEW RS ON THE 10/3/17 CANT SLEEP ;-

Home Forums General Newbie PICKING UP NEW RS ON THE 10/3/17 CANT SLEEP ;-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

STEVE WALKER
    Participant

UK - Scotland

JUST PUT DOWN DEPOSIT ON A BLUE MK3 RS FROM FORD DEALERSHIP IN INVERNESS,SCOTLAND

SO IM WATCHING THE CLOCK UNTIL 9.30AM ON 10/02/17 ,NOT SURE IL SLEEP MUCH TILL THAT DATE.

I NEVER THOUGHT AT THE AGE OF 45 ID BE LIKE MY 8 YEAR OLD ON CHRISTMAS EVE HA HA

WILL BE IN TOUCH FROM THEN ONWARDS.

STEVE

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Steve ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Greetings and well done! Ive got 8 years on you and I picked mine up midnight on the 28th, the two nights before that were totally sleep free, worrying about whether I had done the right thing ( to a small degree) , wondering if there were going to be any issues with quality/preparation etc on hand-over, but come the night and all I can say is WOWOWOWOW, actually getting in your own car after checking it out and driving off is a right buzz! So much so I couldn’t sleep when I eventually got to bed at 2am I had to have a slurp of nightnurse and after 30 mins I was out for the count . Then woke up at 7am and went and WASHED IT !! I’m still not in normal mode at the moment either!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

The night before collection just note there will be no sleep at all. Be prepared it’s torture.

RebelSteve
    Participant

UK - Scotland

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Steve I picked mine up from same dealer a month ago and still so excited by the RS even though I’m older than Mark. It’s going to be a long week bud and Friday will be the first day of the rest of your life.?</p>

STEVE WALKER
    Participant

UK - Scotland

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks guys I’m guessing the only way to survive this week is a can of monster and hoping the clock turns faster than normal,still have the “did I just buy an rs mk3?”head on  aswell</p>

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Steve, you’ll think ALL your Christmases have come at once you’ve driven off the forecourt  ? and you’ll be grinning from ear to ear so much your jaws will ache. So a few sleepless nights will soon be forgotten ?

Honorary Member

baz-2
    Participant

United Kingdom

happy days…………

baz2

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Steve.

I’m 53 and always been a Fordie?

I collected mine yesterday after a 9 month wait and boy was it a day. The only downside was I hadn’t prepared for the pain caused by the ridiculous grin which appeared as soon as I let the clutch up.

Mate you’ll get no sympathy on here for the lack of sleep you are duly going to have between now and the day of collection so just man up and take it, it’s all part of the MK3 initiation process.

Enjoy what is about to come?

1. Stmart
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to PICKING UP NEW RS ON THE 10/3/17 CANT SLEEP ;-. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!