Pops And Burbles

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Pops And Burbles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

danrs350
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all sorry if there is already a thread on this subject i haven’t spotted but i have a 2018 RS Edition (Blue) and i am concerned after all the videos on social media etc i have seen my RS doesn’t seem to have as many “pops and burbles” as others do.

In Sport mode running Tesco 99 warmed up with 1900 miles on the clock over 3k revs and lifting all the way off the throttle i just cannot get my car to sound like the sort of gun fire i have heard these cars produce fairly consistently no matter how they are driven. I am lucky to get 1 pop over 4k!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so have you found a remedy for it?

I appreciate these engines/ cars cannot all be exactly the same but i want to know before i pay my local Ford store a visit that its not just me worrying for it not making enough bangs.

Many thanks

Daniel

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you dont need to come all the way off the throttle. Open it up wide wide throttle to say 5000 and simply change up a gear as normal backing off the throttle a bit as you normally would when changing gear.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Your being to gentle…..  need to hit 4K and lift off quickly, then you get the familiar “pop-pop” …

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

My Edition in sport mode varies sometimes it pops at low revs with a quick gear change ,sometimes it will pop through the first 4 gears above 4 k and sometimes it won,t pop much at all.I,m using momentum 99 as well.

Former RS Edition owner

danrs350
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the response guys I might just leave it till the first service to see if there is a pcm update. Luckily for me my wife is a service manager at Ford so gettting booked in shouldn’t be too troublesome lol. Hope your all loving your RS btw only just started on a forum so im a newbie but happy to be here

ste1806
    Participant

UK - England

Also check your valve in the exhaust. My brother in law was complaining mine was popping and burbling more than his. On checking his valve was stuck, a bit of spray lithium grease and his is now popping the same as mine.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mind pops and bangs all the time more so lately as had the V3x fitted ??

Fully forged running M400x

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@danrs350-Make sure its not in normal mode. Spray WD40 up the left tip to free up the valve flap if need be and most importantly, get the V3 fitted. Honestly, you get louder and more bangs/pops(throughout the rev range) and your smiles upgrade to laughter. It’s just fabulously mental!  ps.I use Tesco 99.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

V power (shell) always

Fully forged running M400x

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

I wish mine didn’t pop and bang should come with a baseball cap and an hoodie imo

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Bit more right foot revs,since I had the v3 fitted it’s even better than ever more pops and bangs and a lot louder,personally I use shell v power.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

ada205
    Participant

UK - England

Hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd, lift at just past 3k and mines pops like mad… will also do so in normal mode to some degree. Higher revs and same and also pops on downshift if revs are high enough, 5k ish or more.

One thing to mention is I’m convinced mine pops certainly louder, if not more frequently after car went in for recall and software upgrade .

Ade.

2016 mk3 Focus RS, 2004 Impreza STI, Pug 205gti Dimma.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Tubsy250 – It begs the question, why did you buy the car?

vanman
    Participant

UK - England

Evening all.

Newbie here

Just picked my Grey RS up 2 hours ago. 2018/18, just over 3k, and mine pops and bangs perfectly.

On the test drive the Ford sales guy held on for dear life, and I was impressed so brought it there n then…… Shell Recaros, Forged alloys, heated steering wheel, door protectors, sat nav etc.

All in all a nice car.

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

Wasn’t for the pops and bangs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Pops And Burbles. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!