Pops And Burbles

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Pops And Burbles

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys did you just spend 30k+ just because the car exhaust pops!! Most people buy the rs as it’s a driver’s car not because the exhaust makes a noise you can get out your cereal bole in the morning…. You Fud lol

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@s66anb – Tubsy250 didn’t say  “I wish mine didn’t pop and bang so much” He said “I wish mine didn’t pop and bang” hence my question to him “why did you by the car”  In simple terms for you, why would someone by a product if they don’t like it?

PS.No need for the derogatory stuff in order to make a point.

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

It’s not that I dislike noise on the overrun my yamaha r1m on decel sounds amazing with a full system .Its the bangs that sound like backfiring I dislike now with the v3 exhaust fitted maybe ‘it’s the look at me ‘part I don’t like I’m a bit shy?

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

My cossie use to chuck out flames now I liked that,until it went bang Cossiedoh

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@tubsy250 – Nice pic. I love the ‘look at me’ thingy and if I could have flames from the tips as well that would be utopia as I didn’t buy an NB FRS to hide behind the steering wheel. Bet you didn’t buy an NB colour then Tubsy?

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

Correct black for me?

petetrav
    Participant

UK - England

Me and my son (he’s 11 and I’m 57) out in the car last night popping and banging on the way home from football. Both giggling like idiots !!

Proves we never grow up…..lol

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

My 12 year old son loves the bangs always saying ‘go on dad give it some’

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

The Ford implementation of the pops and burbles is a bit different than what you see on Audi, Merc, and BMW. The latter pop and bang multiple times on throttle lift + shifting up, whereas the RS will pop and bang at a lower rate in 99% of the cases.

The RS does not focus, get it?, on the inner child in all of only if the ECU starts the process by simulating a misfire and dumping fuel. If i drive mine aggressively, it will pop under 4k in most gears. If I drive it like a granpa and then all of a sudden i push the pedal, it won’t pop often, sometimes not at all.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Chris Larkham
    Participant

UK - England

Glad I came across this, I too seem to have problems with pops and bangs, but I think “I’m doing it wrong”.  I have a feeling I’m being too gentle!  Coming from having a 2007 Focus ST2 Mountune 260 which I had for nearly 10 years, the catback on that made wonderful pops and bangs, but it depended on the ambient heat as much as anything it would seem.  One could be reasonably gentle to get bangs out of it.

I’ve only had my gorgeous RS since Saturday, still getting used to it I think 🙂

krisl

Fitza1993
    Participant

UK - England

Had my RS for around a week now, I’ve found taking revs to around 3 1/2 to 4 RPM gets the best pops and bangs although I love the way that it doesn’t do it all the time, I owned an Stage 1 S3 before the RS and it gets repetitive real quick.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Pops And Burbles. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!