Possible cloned registration

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Possible cloned registration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi guys i received a letter through the door yesterday from the police looking to do me for speeding when it wasn’t my car and have never been to the area before, and only myself drives the car. Has anyone else had this before, and if so what did you do? Thinking maybe someone has my reg plate on there car driving about.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Been there! Ask for photo evidence and see if there is any info you can glean, location, colour or occupants

once you have your time and date you can say where you were at the time either with proof of location, police are always willing to use your phone data against you but meta data will prove your location if needs be

good luck, if it means points get a solicitor and they will drop it

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Also notify the DVLA over a possible cloned plate. They may issue you with a replacement as the last thing you want is another letter next week for a similar offence

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have known this happen in the past, you need to request any imaging that they have of the offence as there may well be differences between the offending vehicle and yours for example mud flaps stickers and all manner of changes that may have been added to your car. Just be pragmatic and if you have evidence to the contrary offer it. And yes inform DVLA.

Coastliner

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

thanks for the help. Contacted the police and they asked for photos of my vehicle to compare with the car that was caught on camera and there was differences in it so they are not taking any more action on it and are now looking into the car with my plates on it

topcatrs2000
    Participant

UK - England

Had this about 2 1/2 years ago, car with my plate was doing 155mph down the m1,couldn’t tell what car it was let alone the number plate, contacted them and they said the plate was clear but wouldn’t send me a clear picture, contacted local police as it was 260 miles from me and they kept an eye out but not caught again so it was dropped,I now have a tracker so I can prove where the car is and have camera’s at home.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes been there myself with the wife’s car 2 years ago.

West Midlands police did not want to know, had photos of wife’s car side by side with the cloned car (plates) and VIN number they did sweet fuck ALL. This went on and on for several weeks 😤😤😤  I had confronted the personal face to face and they said I had copied there plates fucking scum, reported it to a different police station told them the story and pictures to prove my case,  they was there with one hour, car taken away and crushed as it had been stolen and right full owners had been pay out from insurance companies

Fully forged running M400x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Possible cloned registration. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!