PPF

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

RacyTracy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi everyone

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on PPF (Paint Protection Film). I have been chatting to a very nice man today at a firm who does it close to where I live. He was really helpful, and told me everything I could possibly need to know. To do the front end of my RS (which is the bumber, bonnet, mirrors and wings) he quoted me £1543.00. Obviously the car will be detailed first, and it comes with a 10yr guarantee against, cracking, splitting, yellowing, fading etc…….my son reckons I should have the whole car done, but he’s not paying for it :)…..I do intend to keep the car for a long time, as it is very special to me, not only because its an RS but because of the reasons I gave in my post on the Newbie forum.

So if you were in my shoes, what would you do? would you have the PPF done and if so, front end or whole of the car.

Thanks

mart
    Participant

UK - Wales

Yep.

Definitely get it done, front end anyway. It would be good to get the complete car covered, but a bit pricey.  you know how crap the roads are everywhere.

You only need a couple of stone chips and your going to wish you had it protected. Mine was 2 days old when I had mine wrapped.

Im glad I had it done.

If this persuades you. You should get it done as soon as, before you get any chips on it.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Tracy

i have had my NB detailed and I have PPF the front end. Well worth every penny £ 1,500 also had the wheels coated inside/ outside .

Fully forged running M400x

RacyTracy
    Participant

UK - England

thanks very much for the replies. The earliest he can do it is week commencing 5th June, so I have booked it in for them. The will need the car for 3 days, and they will bring me back home after ive dropped the car off, and when its ready they will come and pick me up too. This is a quote from their website about them:-

With our comprehensive range of bespoke services and our unique approach to customer hospitality, we believe that we have set a new benchmark in the automotive detailing and S.M.A.R.T repairs (Small, Medium Area Repair Technique) marketplace – one that similar companies can only aspire to. As well as being an IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) affiliate and qualified in a range of disciplines, not least as a Master Detailer, we are proud to be accredited by two of the most respected and desirable brands within the industry Gtechniq and Swissvax, offering the world’s finest car care products and protective coatings. This achievement further compliments our authorised Chipex repairer and PlastiDip Pro-Dipper status as well as our APA vehicle wrapping certification. Again, a further testament to our quality of service, consistency and the high level of attention to detail that you can expect from us.

Furthermore, we are the only car detailing company within Preston & Fylde and the Ribble Valley who are approved members of the Professional Valeters & detailers Association – the UK’s most highly regarded trade association for the car detailing industry. In this respect, you can be assured that you are dealing with a skilled, proven and fully insured professional organisation.

Thanks

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

@RacyTracy

Do you want to have it done? If the answer is yes then carry on with the booking.

Lovers and haters on here but for me it was a big yes and although pricey the right choice to make.

The price you have been quoted is kinda spot on but you can always haggle a bit, you know get a few more things added to the package. I’ll ask them if you don’t want too, my speciality so just ask 🙂

Have you got or considered extra security?

If not search ghost on the forum. Again lovers and haters on here but for me the most important extra I had.

@ChrisPreston @Kenny , you might wanna jump in here.

PS Can’t haggle with Chris as he is a mean Mother.

All the best Tracy

1. Stmart

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes totally agree with the ghost security  money well spent. Very good system and you don’t have to worry so much about where you park up and leave it, very good group buy from kenny and fantastic job from Chris who fitted mine, also had the dash cameras fitted by Chris, excellent job will be going to Chris soon to get my mountune goodies fitted.

RacyTracy
    Participant

UK - England

I would love to have the whole car done but as you have already said, that’s gonna cost a lot of money, £3885 incl vat to be precise.

However, I am thinking of having not only the front end done, but the sills and splash panels (the bit behind the wheels). To add this on to the front end price, would bring it up to £1980 incl vat (just for the front end its £1524 incl vat).

Or something else that he suggested to me was, have the front end PPF’d and the rest of the car with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Pro Treatment. This would give the car a ceramic coating, so it would be protected against fall out such as, bird droppings, suns rays, insects, tar etc……although it would not protect it against stone chips. To have this done would cost £2240 incl vat.

So, opinions please…..if you were in my shoes, which one would you go for?

Also as for security, I have invested in a Disklok and I was thinking about having a Tracker fitted on it, but not sure. I have looked at getting GAP insurance for it. So what are peoples thoughts on this also.

Thank you

mart
    Participant

UK - Wales

??

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ghost and tracker all the way. I have also the GAP insurance. Check out the discounts on the forum from kenny and Chris. Two top boys to the RS club lots of knowledge and always willing to help fellow members.??

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello RacyTracey

have you read this, could save you £500 on this site –

Paint Protection Film Group Buy

Adey 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Are dub customs still offering this

swede
    Participant

Sweden

You have Topaz detailing in the UK, thats were I’m planning to go from Sweden once i get my car.

Cant be a bad decision.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

I had mine done through the group buy which I think is expired now and although I’m glad its on the car and I would 100% recommend you having it done I’d go somewhere else. Had to go back numerous time to have panels re-done, were a nightmare to get in contact with, really late in finishing the car, more interested in youtubers cars than normal customer and overall really shit customer service.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to PPF. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!