Puddle lamp! Oops

Home Forums Styling Lighting Puddle lamp! Oops

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

Why is everything to do with lighting on this car such a pain to get at? Haha!

I lost the puddle lamp bulb in the puddle lamp housing on one of my side mirrors. I can’t fish it out.

It looks like the lense can be removed but I can’t figure it out. I’ve removed the screw that connects to the housing but no avail.

I didnt want to apply brute force as I already have an expensive bill for a replacement rear bulb cluster!!

Pls help before I go mad. I can’t have it rattling about all the time!

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Im sure you have to take the mirror etc out, sure i saw someone doing that job before just to swap blubs.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I took the mirror glass out, that’s the easy part.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

maybe its the whole cover then that needs to come off ! I remember thinking to myself ” sod that just to change the bulbs”

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Haha. It’s really pee’d me off. I thought this is going to be straight forward but then the bulb fell in the puddle lamp housing in slow motion.

Then I swore because I couldn’t get at the bugger. Looks like the only option is to take the lense out, but I can’t see how to do it

Mods:

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

WTF is a puddle lamp? Is there going to be a puddle lamp recall? I can’t take this anymore.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ADW’s  Puddle lamp..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

how you feel after ten minutes on an RS forum..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Haha cheers guys you always crack me up haha

They should recall all things which are silly designs!

Mods:

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

Howsey let’s recall the whole fucking car ? lol

adw
    Participant

UK - England

It’s not all that bad haha!

However this isn’t going to make that annoying rattle any better until I some how get it out!

Mods:

kev the rev
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just tilt the mirror to one side a pull the mirror out. I popped out to change the bulb to change  to a led. It took 30 seconds and the mirror  pop’s back it back into place. When done.

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Kev. Thanks. But the actual bulb has fallen into the lense compartment and I cant fish it out

Mods:

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Tweezers? telescopic magnet? Kebab stick with blu-tac or inside-out bodge tape???

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Mark excellent thoughts, I think you have covered most of the easy solutions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Puddle lamp! Oops. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!