Putting a RS back on the road

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Putting a RS back on the road

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

@bobcat

I was thinking about getting the ones from mountune with the blue logos since it would match the calipers/ blue RS logos in the wing although the ones you have look like they’re sturdier. How do you like them?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I find they do a very good job of keeping the dirt and stone rash down. Nothing wrong with the others But I find they clear the speed bumps ok and yes they are sturdy

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Josh29155 – Some interesting pics. Any pics showing how the side skirt is held/clipped on?

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

@tonys Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier. This picture is on my driver’s side rear door looking towards the front of the car. The side skirt sits in all of those hangers running down the car. The bottom is held in with push pins and it also pops into place from the side.

This picture is from the back of my driver’s side.

Mine is still full of sand from being flooded, I would imagine that it would be hard for dirt to get in there while only driving on the road. I hope I could help!

Thanks for the information @bobcat! Im thinking about lowering the car a tad (Nothing drastic, probably an inch or so) before we finish it so we don’t have to get it aligned twice. If I do decide to lower it I’ll go with the mountune flaps because they’re flexible so I won’t break anything if I scrape them. But if I keep stock I’ll definitely get the ones you suggested.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Ford sent yet another dented and bent door. They ordered another one which should be here Tuesday. Awfully frustrating since we needed the door to weld the quarter panel on.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, so frustrating, makes you wonder how it got damaged ? hope the next one is perfect ?

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

It is very frustrating. In the mean time, I painted all of the half shafts, the rotors, hubs, the lower control arms, and the driveshaft to try and prevent some serious rust.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looks to be an excellent job @josh

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Many thanks for your reply Josh, much appreciated.

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Thanks! ?

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

So Ford has now sent us 3 different doors that were all damaged. I’m fairly sure either they aren’t packaging them well enough or they are sending us damaged doors to take them out of their inventory. Door #4 should be here tomorrow so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I’m not sure what I’m going to do if this one is damaged because this is turning into a very annoying issue.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, that’s terrible what an earth is going on with Ford, fingers crossed the next one will be ok. Thanks for the update

Honorary Member

Josh29155
    Participant

USA

Door #4 came in and is dented in 4 places. I need to figure out who I need to talk to up the ladder at ford because this is absolutely ridiculous. At this point they should send us one for free. Now we’re waiting on door #5.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@josh, if it’s of any help you could try and contact, Mark LaNeveVice President, U.S. Marketing Sales and Service. I Don’t have an address if you get the time to do some research you might just might get a response

PHONE
    Ford United States
    +1-800-392-3673

For the hearing-or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.

Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-11:00PM EST

Saturday, 8:00AM-8:00PM EST

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Putting a RS back on the road. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!