Quaife ATB Differential Via Mountune

Home Forums Performance Transmission Quaife ATB Differential Via Mountune

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone fitted one of these and if so whats the results like?

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I possible will in next couple of weeks as my transfer box is leaking so it needs stripping down around the same area…. Haven’t seen any feedback on it for the RS, so will be a “gamble”

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks dude

Transfer Box Leaking? Thats not good!!!! 🙁 How many miles you done and I assume this is a warranty job?

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Was found at 1500 oil change when they dropped the under tray off, now done 2500……  more of a weep than a gush obviously !

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Ah good stuff. Theres another reason for getting the Oil changed and a check over after 1-2k miles!!!!

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had the Mountune gearbox fitted with includes the Differential. Definitely better drive and traction. Not cheap though but thinking with their next upgrade it might be needed! Would also recommend the Billet short shift Arm to go with it. Much shorter changes.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks,  does it reduce or stop the tugging or lurching to one side when say overtaking on a B road with your foot down.  So people reports as quite bad, I’ve only experienced it once or twice.  It can feel sometimes the front will go where it wants !

I had thought about the whole box, just to much right now, plus I doubt I’ll go past the 375 official power upgrade, plus hoses etc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@9Designs

Over a distance 257 or 275 miles (in a day) of let’s say spirited driving. On fantastic “B” roads around Buttertubs / Penrith area; not once did I experience any form of the dreaded VS after having the Quaife diff fitted.

We went out with the philosophy, if it’s in front, it needs to be behind. So there was plenty of overtaking action.

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

chevetteboy
    Participant

UK - England

White-rs2 did you get the lsd fitted from new  or did you do some miles with the open diff ? Just to compare? Also who fitted it and at what cost? Starting to think that it’s a must looking at the vs threads all over the place?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hey Louie, my good old Revo-Man, are you back from the US of A? 😎

I was thinking about the addition of the Quaife LSD but up to now nobody could convince me that it adds more than just understeer or is even more real than a simple placebo effect on public roads. Now, if somebody claims the LSD is a cure for the veering steering I demand proof not just hearsay or feelings and impressions.

Good to see you back in here. Cheers 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Having had an LSD fitted for some 9 months now it’s like going from night to day in the quality of driving with no hint of VS ever.

The improved grip is phenomenal pulls you round with a pinch torque vectoring of the outer wheel over speeding; the turn in is amazing.

Choose a line threw a corner and just take it. The car was good before the Quaife fitment but now a much better performance car with a Quaife LSD fitted.

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Dear white-rs2, I am glad to hear that you’re happy with the added LSD. But what you are describing performance wise is exactly my car as it is, without the LSD. So I am simply not so imaginative as to how much better it would be with the LSD. And you know that memory plays tricks on us, placebo is working and biases our perceptions.

So as a suggestion, we should take 71-bda as a driver with thorough experience in veering steering in his mothballed RS on his preferred B-road stretch of tarmac and your car back to back. Dr. RS would set up a test protocol and do the statistics to get an objective evaluation of the experiment. It wouldn’t be properly random distributed and double-blind, but heck, at least the comparison would be fresh in memory and under real public road conditions.

In the meanwhile I’ll try to get hold of an RS with the LSD fitted here in Switzerland and see for myself how it really behaves compared to mine 🙂

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Or just read the article in march evo magazine which tests the edition model and describes the lsd makes a difference and why

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Thanks Jasoni.

In fact, I’ve read the Autocar review, with a comment of Ford Performance engineering boss Jamal Hameedi saying he prefers no LSD for daily driving.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/focus-rs/first-drives/ford-focus-rs-edition-2017-review

Moreover:

<i>”With the diff preventing the front inside wheel from spinning up, there was less ESC intervention, reduced power understeer and a smoother, faster rotation into the corner as the torque vectoring rear axle came into play.”</i>

Since I am a daily driver (no tracks) with ESC always completely off the LSD makes no sense to me.

Happy RS-ing 😎

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

It you read the whole review in context it’s in favour of  the LSD. Don’t need a track to feel the difference.  It’s if you like the way the standard car is loose and the back end is more hooligan like and stepping out on hairpins  and mini roaundabouts and squirming around then it’s preferable.  If you like more capable, composed, balance, safer, quicker etc, the LSD version is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Quaife ATB Differential Via Mountune. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!