Quality Control – Interior

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Quality Control – Interior

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Maiko Rocha
    Participant

USA

Received my RS in Austin, TX on Jul 19th. I’ve noticed at least to QC issues as of now with the interior:

1. A-pillar covers are coming off at the top close to the roof (video). This only happens when the car stays in hot places, usually under the sun. The cover pops out and won’t stay in place – my guess is that the clips underneath get loose and can’t hold the plastic cover

2. There’s this plastic cap behind the windshield mirror that looks loose too. (video)
    Wondering if anyone else found similar issues?

============================

2016 Mk3 Focus RS, Stealth Gray, base

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Heard one or two groans about the interior panels rattling etc but I would just get it straight back to dealers get them to fix it. Should not be like that from factory.

macka89
    Participant

UK - England

Unfortunately I had to take mine back in this week to get the oil pressure / boost gauge changed as there was a scratch on the inside of the plastic cover.

Also Air Conditioning currently chucks out hot air on drivers side centre vent whilst cold air comes out of Passenger vent. This is when you have “auto” mode and set to 17deg. Been in since Wednesday morning so far….

Might not get it back for the weekend ?

Maiko Rocha
    Participant

USA

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing but I’ve got to say that both the dealer and Ford Customer Services have been stellar. I’m bringing it in tomorrow for a quality inspection and they already put the order in for a new set of covers just in case because it might take a while to get the parts if they are RS specific ( I don’t think they are).

jump-for-jesus
    Participant

UK - England

The car was designed in Europe, it wasn’t meant to see any sun. Buy some Gorilla tape.

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yeh you’re spoilt over there

in Northern Europe and the U.K. especially you don’t here squeaks and rattles for the rain hitting the car and the potholed crappy roads

Maiko Rocha
    Participant

USA

Ok after visiting the dealership for the 2nd time they’ve replaced yet again the A-pillar covers and the rear-view mirror cap. Everything is nice and tidy now – they also took care of  rattling and dinging noises on the driver’s door and inside the b-pillar. They mentioned that Ford is making new A-pillar covers specific for the RS since this issue has been reported by many owners and should arrive in 45 days.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Are they not the same A pillar trim as standard Focus?…   (need to compare)  shame they didn’t wrap them in cloth rather than just hard grained plastic….

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Maiko Rocha
    Participant

USA

Yes, they are exactly the same – I actually had a Focus sedan loaner while they fixed the RS and the covers are exactly the same. The service agent didn’t tell me exactly what is changing in these new covers but between my 1st and 2nd visit to the dealer they had more info from Corp on the cover issues and that was the message they got, and the parts were already pre-ordered for my car.

Shockingly the fit and finish on the Fiesta’s A-pillar covers are much better in comparison. The covers on the Focus are basically held together by only two clamps at the top and nothing at the bottom. Try pushing and pulling it at the bottom and you’ll see.

I was discussing this with a technician at the dealer and we basically came to the same theory: the RS will vibrate and shake much more than a regular Focus and this will make things squeak and rattle pretty fast, specially if daily drive it in not so good pavement.

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Pretty bad for a car that takes 8 months to build. LOL ford

Fully forged running M400x

scottwelding
    Participant

UK - England

if you think you’ve had problems, think again?

From day 1 ive had a problem with contaminated paintwork, a squeaky driver side door mirror (only on opening), 3 rattles (1 from glovebox repaired myself, 1 from dashboard appears every now and again and one from the passenger shell seat which goes when I grab near the headrest whilst driving) 2 squeaky doors, 1 sticking door protector, a stereo which a) loses sound to all speakers except for the sub @ front centre speaker occasionally & b) doesn’t change track name on cd’s occasionally, sticking driver side windscreen and I think that’s it! Oh, and the tracker I had fitted which didn’t work! This was one of the first RS’s built for customers. I’m hoping when I receive my new one things might be different! Fresh start and all that

scottwelding
    Participant

UK - England

Happy to meet up with any member who thinks I’m exaggerating too

Al Kirk
    Participant

United Kingdom

Blimey Scott. Sounds like you got a Friday afternoon car.

scottwelding
    Participant

UK - England

? They are the exact words the dealership used Allan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Quality Control – Interior. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!