quarterly meet.

Home Forums Regional England – Midlands quarterly meet.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • Author

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Made a mental note to myself – “the RS is only for serious and purposeful use”. Fun is banned. Roof rack’s going on again soon to bring the Christmas tree home.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

I have the same feet as you but opted for the Thule Aero Bars and matching special Thule racks for carbon-framed road bikes. I also regularly transport my stud dog poodle at high speed on his way to work and have modified my boot accordingly. Maybe you now appreciate my (seriously-restrained) excitement at seeing the bespoke carbon roof bike carrier on Chris Froome’s 2014 Tour De France Individual Time Trial Jaguar F-Type R Team Sky car yesterday at the museum?

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

The car is now of course 575PS in SVR trim. I’ve had the pleasure of test driving a few from next door at JLR. What a fantastic car and if you think the RS modded exhausts sound good, you should try one of these:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a11437884/jaguar-f-type-svr-exhaust-art/

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Well spotted! The aero bars do provide extra down-force. For that reason it’s important to place any floorboards or other building materials the correct way up on the roof rack.

I was similarly excited at seeing the bespoke cycle carrier, but more because it was made of beautifully crafted carbon fibre. I think I might have mentioned my love of the stuff once or twice. Maybe you and 9designs didn’t notice.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Nope, not at all. Fancy us both working at 2MS! I was there 2011-12. Did you work on Airwave? If so, did you know a bloke called Dick Lewis?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Did a bit on AW, but more from making sure the replacement was fit for firefighters’ needs. Don’t know him, but it was quite a long time ago.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

But only so much we can say about this on a public forum.

bumble-b
    Participant

UK - England

Wake me up when they’re finished.

Every village needs an idiot.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

You guys crack me up! But be careful or I’ll put up some photos of my roof box collection.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

☺️

tim131966
    Participant

UK - England

Was great to meet people on Sunday and put faces to names. Museum was fantastic really enjoyed it and look forward to next April ….. apologies in advance for any spellin mistakes or typin  errots  !!  ??

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Nobody’s bothered Tim, lovely to meet you. I loved the Revo 2 badge, not seen a Revo car before. Glad you enjoyed the museum. Did you look in the other building at the workshop, the Jaguar collection and all the odds and sods? That’s my favourite bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to quarterly meet.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!