Question again about my car being left

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Question again about my car being left

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve asked the group about this subject before so I apologise in advance but I have another question. I’ve now been delayed getting back into port and itll be another week before i can get to start the car. That’ll be 2 weeks i  total. I was worried about leaving it but I took the chance to leave it. I took it out for a long drive of 60 miles of mostly duel carriageway driving. I’ve been in touch with my tracker company and they’ve informed me that my battery is showing 12v. Is this low? Has it lost much charge after 10 days of being left? I’ll be notified by the tracker company if it drops below 11v. Just wondering if I’ve got much time left to try and get it started by the security guard at work and would that charge the battery by just leaving it running? Thanks again in advance for your help and for your help in the past

Julian

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Should be ok, had to leave mine for 4 weeks due to family issues. Started first time took it out for a run all ok ?

Honorary Member

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>Thanks. Fingers crossed for next week when I get back. If it’s on 12v after 10 days should be ok I’m hoping left till next Thursday

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t worry, I didn’t start or drive mine for over three weeks and all was fine. ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

she’ll be just fine and dandy. I’d open it with the fob and not the door handle method. Bear in mind  these batteries are  fully charged at around 12.6 volts and if you have a measured voltage of 12v thats considered pretty much discharged. Its  hard for the alternator to fully charge it so you really need to get a charger/ctek etc , having the battery going from practically  discharged state to only partially fully charged and then back to discharged again is going to shorten the battery’s life. The cars stop/start feature is quite a good indication of the state of charge because it won’t come into operation unless the battery is pretty much fully charged. I know when I’d leave my car for just a week/10 days the stop start feature will not work again just by giving it a charge up by driving 20 or so miles.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda – Your memory is probably better than mine mate, I just forget how many days it takes for the car to go in to sleep if it remains unopened, is it a couple of weeks or something that?

I know mine drifted off in to a slumber at some point over the winter, and I had to use the key out of the back of the fob, and go old school and use a key to get back in to the car, I know, a key……those were the days!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

30 days rings a bell Rev, then I think you need to remove the door key from inside the remote fob and open the door that way, then start the car.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Julian Wright
    Participant

UK - England

thankyou all for your help and advice. Invaluable as always. I had an email and a from my tracker company today. Had problems with the android app but now has been updated and can see after 11 days at sea my battery is still at 12.4v. I’m back Thursday so all should be ok. Hopefully next time I’m away I’ll have use of my garage and can take it home and put my ctek charger on it. Thanks again all 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Question again about my car being left. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!