Quick Intro

Home Forums General Newbie Quick Intro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

gavboy7
    Participant

UK - England

Am currently shopping around for an RS Focus special Edition in blue, after a one owner minter with v little miles which i plan to use as my main car and keep for a long time, only do about 2000 miles a year.

Any hints or things to look out for greatly received.

Have £30000 , which hopefully should get me what I’m after, with all additional extra options included.

Its been my dream car , made the mistake in my youth of buying an RS Fiesta which was a disaster so hopefully, I’m going in to be in for a treat , have dismissed BMW m135 and S3 as my mind is kind of made up anyway.

Gavin

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Gavin, hi and welcome, good luck with your search ?

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ? And I’ve been looking for a RS Fiesta ?

Jayg
    Participant

UK - England

Hi mate I had a rs fiesta and was a disaster too ???

just having recently brought one myself I would go main dealer and also buy the extended warranty I have a year left on my 2018 plate and extended for 3 years after…

there’s a few things on hear the guys mentioned but I’m sure someone will post them up my main thing was to make sure it’s not the head gasket ones so that’s why I brought a 2018 plate and as I said go main dealer they was fantastic with my purchase ?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Gavin, the best of luck finding a good RS. ?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome gavin. In my opinion 30k should be ample to get what you want.

Imo things to look for is a good service history, and any recall work has been completed correctly.  Also pay particular attention to the clutch, that it hasnt been abused. Cant think of anything other than the usual stuff youd check.

Good luck with your search, you wont be disappointed I promise.

John Hart
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, I have just purchased a 67 plate with 10600 miles on the clock and with no evidence of recall work being completed.  I have checked with Ford online and it states no outstanding recalls?  It’s also being mentioned “Also pay particular attention to the clutch, that it hasnt been abused. ” How would you know? The clutch in mine is heavy and seems to be positioned quite high.

John.

Phil RS
    Participant

UK - England

If the money was right I’d be half tempted to sell my blue edition. Wonder if Gav got sorted

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Gavin.

Coastliner

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Gavin, welcome to the forum and wishing you well on the search. I would have thought that a mint Edition with ultra low miles would be around £32k but with the economy in turmoil, you might just score one for 30?

Edition, FPM 375

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Prices are all over the place at the moment. Uncertainty breeds insanity in the stock market and everything influenced by it.

Coastliner

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Quick Intro. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!