Quiet here, everyone left for the GRY Forum?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Quiet here, everyone left for the GRY Forum?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Everyone sold up and jumped ship or something, the love for the RS fading?

As those that are over there as well (as me),  I casted my views,  RS wins 15 points to 8 based on first test drive impressions.

There still life in the RS, the one that stirred up the Hot Hatch market and was a gamer changer for all others to chase down.

Drift on……

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

RS all the way for me 😺👍

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

No still here.

Not driven a Yaris but visually it does nothing for me. It is however something I could see the wife driving.

Took the RS out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. Why would anyone give up that driving experience?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Still about an will be for a long time yet. Car just failed its m.o.t today because of no reverse light. When they went to change it they realised it had fallen out so just put it in. Annoying that they still failed it officially on the records though. Fuckers

440bhp

443lbft

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Had a Yaris pull next to me at the petrol station last week. I must say, I was less impressed in real life that the camera angles in reviews. Still sounds a cracking car but it’s the RS all day for me,but hey, that’s why we have an RS! I’m sure the Yaris boys will say the opposite, you pays your money and takes ya choice….</p>

NB FPM375

faber
    Participant

France

For my part, it’s impossible to change, because driving it is pure happiness and I drive it every day on our beautiful roads in the Var;

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

The RS is the best. 😆👍

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Still here but think it’s quiet as hardly driving the car and tbh not driving it starting to not fall out of love but more uhh. Having my seat lowering kit fitted Monday and a few other little bits so will get a drive out and with end of lockdown and summer on horizon  let’s hope to get out more.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Seen my first GR in real life yesterday, looked good…. but forgot how small the yaris is 😆

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Still here too. Not fallen out of love with her yet, fitted a scorpion cat back in December and that definitely hasn’t worn off yet either 😆

Though looking forward my finance deal ends in December and I’m hoping to raise the cash for the balloon payment. There’s definitely nothing around I’d want to own over the RS, and aside from it being awesome to drive I also love the heritage and the brand etc.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Good to see the love is still about… A modified RS to me is still the best hot hatch,  want to fit some lighter weight discs this year,  and some different tyres.  Still an awesome car.

Though I do have a GRY on order, but the RS stays for sure, it will keep the daily commute off the RS  😀

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

emeRSon
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Guys, I run a Toyota Centre in Lancashire, we are a GR Centre and can say that the GR4 is a mighty little car, there is not a lot that will beat it on a point to point on B- Roads. However, owning RS cars for the last 20 plus years I’m not sure if Toyota will gain anything near the same following as the RS brand. Where the Focus loses out in weight and poise under acceleration it makes up in the character and sheer potential. I wouldn’t knock the Yaris, but running a Toyota Centre I still choose the RS. 🤔

Fast On Race Day

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

The YGR is not coming here, and if it did….. nope… staying with my RS.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Still here. My Dad passed away a month ago so have had lots to sort out and the RS hasn’t been off the drive apart from mot and tyre fitment. I’m lucky enough to be able to do a three day week now so will be back behind the wheel shortly.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

RS for me to, not a German fan, had Jap type Rs, Fez XR2(👍🏻), Corsa GSI, plus many more, it’s an animal and just turns heads stationary over any other hatch!

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Quiet here, everyone left for the GRY Forum?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!