Rally day Castle Coombe 23rd Sept

Home Forums General Events Rally day Castle Coombe 23rd Sept

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Anyone looking to attend?

If we can get enough interest maybe would could organise a club stand Kenny?, went last year great day

http://rallyday.com/

darren
    Participant

UK - England

Is anyone going to this?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

I’ll be there :o)

Cracking event

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Might be up for a day out

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Looks like I will be able to attend might be nice to meet up with other members

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Any more attend the ford rally day at castle Coombe weather looks perfect and lots to see and enjoy

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Had a fantastic day at race day

plenty of classic rally cars on display and used on the track

met some  Herod of mine and lots of other owners clubs rs on display shame we didn’t have our own stand

maybe next year kenny

john-tukan
    Participant

UK - England

Glad you enjoyed in Sennaboy. Truly gutted. Wanted to see the MSport Fiesta and the other rally cars. Went last year and thought it was the best event of the year. So I set off with my survival pack full of anticipation. Turned on local radio, which is something I rarely do, to hear that the whole area was gridlocked. The M3 was solid both ways. The A34 was also jammed and all surrounding roads full of motorists trying to find alternative routes. So, thought I might try up through Salisbury, but again warned by local radio that road works and jams here also. Turned round and came home. Why??? Because of a package left on the motorway. The Naval bomb team were in attendance so I guess that was their suspicions. Bloody hell what sort of country/world are we in now when a package left on the road can grind the whole south coast (slight exaggeration) to a halt. So in future I don’t intend going out anywhere but stay at home and watch my toenails growing. Just a thought “why do toenails grow faster than fingernails?”

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

hi john -tuken

you missed a fantastic day

went to see the focus  wrx cars awesome machines

thought I was going to be late myself because of the problems but I was only 20 mins later then. I planned

left home in worthing at 6 and arrived at 9.15 so not bad

First time I had gone but will keep it on my list for next year

john-tukan
    Participant

UK - England

I left home at 10.00 by which time the traffic had built up quite considerably. Might try and catch a few stages in Wales later this year. If I do it’s going to be a hotel the day before!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rally day Castle Coombe 23rd Sept. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!