RallyflapZ mudflaps

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery RallyflapZ mudflaps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

Nut. Lancashire to Queensland.

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

They went on pretty easy, still took me and a mate 3 hours!

The rear ones flap around a bit. Mainly cause the bodywork and arch liner are flimsy. I put another bolt through the flap and arch liner at the inside bottom corner. Really happy?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Yes the rear brackets are not fit for purpose as they are too flimsy when attached to a big flappy mudflap ,Loking to re-make the rear brackets out of thicker material but fixing them to the wheelarch liner with a couple of repair washers may be a fix.I wasn,t really impressed with the quality for £90 quid.

Former RS Edition owner

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

As others have said – rear bracket is shit.  Going under the car tomorrow to see how I can firm it up a little more.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m happy with mine, they cost £65 from the shop back in the day I think !! 😎  They do feel a bit floppy if you go to wash them unless you use one hand to hold it and the other to sponge it off. No biggy though !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Glad the flaps arrived ok in Australia @rs-nut

Look great fitted!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve got a set of these flaps waiting for me when I get home!!

@71-bda

Yes mate, you can now sleep easy!! Haha!! ??..!!

Should I be looking at adding something to the rear ones to stiffen them up as they’ll be subjected to some SERIOUS driving when fitted?? How are others finding them??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

just fine as they are Marc,take your time with the initial bending of the rear brackets and make sure you don’t do both brackets the same! then fully press home the push studs only once you are happy with the shape/fit etc.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo use a block of metal,i used a set square and a pair of grips where the laser cut fold lines are so you bend them spot on,not designed to be bent more than once.Bit of a faff to fit but look good when fitted.

Former RS Edition owner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@thorny2051 and @71-bda

Cheers for the advice lads!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Wish i went for these one’s, the gap between the big flap & mini flap is doing my nut a bit. (fitted Mountune RA ones ?)

Back on the list i think??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

GM…..

ha ha ha ah

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RallyflapZ mudflaps. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!