RAM Tracker

Home Forums Technology Security RAM Tracker

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

Does anyone use RAM tracker on their cars? I’m impressed by its capabilities, and the price is reasonable, but I’m put off by it being mainly marketed towards business use. So, does anyone that has it, or has used it have any information they can share?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe, there’s a thread on here in security have a look

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe

I have RAM tracker on my car and also the one from Global Tracking when Chris Preston fitted my ghost. The Ram one is far better as you can view all information harsh braking and speed by postcode every minute. You are quite correct mine is through my sons business as he has a small fleet of vans my car being the 5th vehicle, its £10 per month maybe vat is on top of the £10. I always tell the service department it has a tracker  and they usually don’t test drive it. Although it was test driven after H/gaskets x2  and wasn’t abused. If they abuse it I would bring it to the notice of the dealer principle and argue for a free service. Social media is very powerful these days, and if they have exceeded the speed limit and I am not talking a couple of mph I am talking 10 or 20mph then thats a no no. If you can get one go for it, that £10 a month includes fitting and the tracker.

Coastliner

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @bobcat . I just had a few questions I didn’t want to clog that one up with.

@coastliner
    That’s great thanks for that. I am being quoted a flat fee of £420, which I’m thinking is quite steep despite all the many pros of the system. I understand all the benefits, but as a personal user do you think I would make use of them?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe

The only time I look at mine is when its in for service, the £10 a month is reasonable when you consider thats the kit and fitting included. At the moment I have the RS Sorn its amazing what information it gives you.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe, ?

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve never seen the point of a tracker. Ok so they can locate your car after it’s stolen. Which o see as the only positive.

If it’s stolen you can see where they hit 140 in a 30 zone followed by hitting 0 in the same 20 second slot.

What is the actual point of a tracker ??? Is it a theft deterrent No as you shouldn’t advertise it’s tracked so what’s their point or tell anyone it’s fitted so no bragging rites !!!!!

Also if you got caught speeding then say charged with dangerous driving say then your own tracker is a key witness against you

Get one by all means but I personally cannot see a reason to. Better of with a visual deterrent such as a bright yellow Disklok.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Its just another layer White-RS2.

I kind of agree though – If mine gets stolen I don’t think i’d want it back unless its a super rare car of course.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I use the tracker shop one’s (there are a few options on there), made it so i can easily unplug and remove if needed ? Not using it for security other than when the car is left i set a move alert… 90% of trackers can be found in car in seconds. If its stolen i don’t want it back either,  i use it if i have to leave with ford like for the HG shows live speed and data.

If I’m out for a mental blast i leave it at home, but you can log on and delete all data also if needed… It proved priceless when having issues, with my T6… “we used it for 6 days sir and had no issue” when you ask them to explain why the van hasn’t moved for the last 5 days, showing the data on your phone… the look is worth every penny ??

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I completely agree with GM it just shows the lies they tell when they say we have thoroughly tested your car. Its every bodies personal choice at the end of the day, I cant see the point of some modifications but hey ho its their choice.

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I also spy on the guys working for me ?, every 5 weeks or so my brother forgets his van is tracked…. you finished at what time? ??

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I’d like the type of system where the car has an explosive charge built into the seat activated by a code on my phone or maybe an ejection seat….tracker good for pinpointing the exact position you lost a fortune

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

As good as the system looks, it’s a bit too far out of my budget to justify the money.

Back to sticking the dog on guard duty.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RAM Tracker. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!