Rear brake pads and discs

Home Forums Performance Brakes Rear brake pads and discs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, could anyone tell me why my rear brake pads have worn to 90% and the front only 60%? It’s in for its second service it’s done 21000 miles and service department can’t explain why!!

Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

either you do a lot of handbrake turns, leave the handbrake on slightly one click etc while driving around, maybe the fronts were changed before  say at 12000 and the rears were at 50% then? I think the rear brakes are used with the rear torque biasing system so maybe they have been applied a lot, do you use it in track/drift mode/corner hard a lot? Hill start assist holds the rear brakes on a bit I think too when you do a hill start so maybe they have been dragging/slow to release?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

I could of guessed you may think hand brake turns haha. No track no drifting or hand brakes and it’s not had pads on the front either yet. So still a little confused!

Thanks for your input.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I guess gentle braking causes this. Do you use the ABS much?

The front brakes  are designed to take most of the heavy braking so must be heavy duty compared to the back.

My car  is halfway through it’s second set of front and the back has just been changed so I’m using 50% more on the front.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rear brake pads and discs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!