Rear brake pads

Home Forums Performance Brakes Rear brake pads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi folks had the car serviced Monday and they flagged up as the rear pads having 3mm of material left despite it only just gone over 16k. Any recommendations? I’ll change them myself

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Evening mate, I’ve covered 14k since new and have plenty all round… Does depend on driving and use, as soon and spring comes I’m changing discs and pads all round. From others on here I’m going with the yellow stuff pads, to help with the dust…?

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi mate they said the fronts are 50% worn but speaking to a mate of mine he reckons the rear pads don’t come with a lot of material on them anyway. I’m assuming the rear brakes help with the rear drive split/  handling?

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi paulie, hard to believe that sort of wear at that mileage unless your on the brakes a lot. I was told mine needed replacing a 19k, what a load of cr@p.

Replaced at 24k, still meat on them but pads had seized into the carriers so fitted EBC discs and yellow pads all round, a big improvement.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi Elliot I’ll get the wheels off over the next few weeks and check them out myself

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Mine just went through its 15,000 mile service, 7mm left.

Rear wears off faster than the fronts.

As @elliot said I would recommend EBC Yellow Stuff. I had done my old Evo IX and Evo X on the YS and very happy with the performance then.

If they were good on my Evos before, they should be good for my RS now.

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

Just replaced my rear pads with yellow stuff pads will do the front when they need it.

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

nb rob
    Participant

UK - England

got mountune fast road pads front and rear very good

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

As people have already said, the rear pads don’t have that much material on them to start with.

My car has recently had its third Service and first MOT and I too was told, rear pads 65% worn. The car has only covered 16,700 miles.

Rears have now been replaced.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rear brake pads. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!