Recirc Valves

Home Forums Performance General Recirc Valves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

seaneyb
    Participant

UK - England

I’m looking at replacing the stock recirc valve with an uprated version.

I’ve had a quick search and noticed quite a bit of positive and negative news with the mountune recirc. I then went back to my trusty friend turbosmart, and found they do a plumb back recirc valve. I’ve seen these fitted to a few RS’s but noticed some sellers are selling it with BAR and some without. What is the point of the BAR? no other valves require this mod that I’m aware of.

What is everyone else running? I don’t want a dump valve/BOV as much as i loved the sound back in the day its just way to F&F for my liking.

Thanks!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@seaneyb i have both the turbo smart ones, the dual port requires the reference…. (Boost reference adaptor)… it didn’t come with the plumb back version.

seaneyb
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @gm. What did you think about the plumb back? What do you currently run?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Plumb back was the same as stock, just purchased as its well made, dual port is awesome tight spring so only blows off when giving it some… With the noise of the air filter and straight through exhaust, its not that loud in comparison… šŸ¤£

seaneyb
    Participant

UK - England

Nice! thanks buddy! If i had an exhaust then maybe i might fit a BOV, not sure the mrs would be happy to sit in the passenger seat though. She already thinks the NB sticks out like a sore thumb.

Time to get a plumb back! i nearly won an auction yesterday for a mountune recirc valve but missed it by Ā£2 in the end.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@seaneyb the mountune been failing, money better spent on the turbosmart or the forge ones in the club shop šŸ‘

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Had Mountune recirc for 2yrs+ now. No issues yet!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

After my Mountune recirc ā€œfailedā€ to hold boost, cost me Ā£500 in mapping time

I swapped mine out for the TurboSmart 50/50 with BRA etc

Also the GFB recirc was a contender due to it being adjustable

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the ā€œMā€ maps suck

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Forge and turbo smart having been doing this for years so would trust them over a mountune part that has 50/50 customer feedback.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan BlackĀ 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors DarkĀ 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous BlueĀ 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser BlackĀ 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lightsĀ 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff coolerĀ 
    • 10% tint on rear lightsĀ 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet strutsĀ 
    • Solid shifter bushesĀ 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGKĀ 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jetsĀ 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2Ā 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat railĀ 

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I have a Ford Performance one, practically same as the Mountune.

I live in California and emission is a bit strict reason I went the Ford one so it looks like it suppose to be there.

No issues with it but I am not planning to go above 400WHP on my RS.

If I was I would go with TS.

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Had a Mountune one on three and half years now no issues.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

As @white-rs2 said his was fine until or didn’t know until mapping day, you wouldn’t tell really if it was not holding or leaking and costing you performance unless your looking in detail… just from driving unless it was on the verge of failure or sticking it would be hard to tell??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!! šŸ‘.

My tuppence worth….. Mountune Recirc Valve, fitted along with Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Exhaust, Boost Pipes, ETS Intercooler and Litchfield Stage 2 Map…. I fitted all these bits the same day 2+ years ago and 25,000 miles of HARD driving later….. ALL IS WELL!! šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ‘šŸ‘.

The Litchfield Stage 2 Map is super smooth and gives great power right through the Rev range, so I know that the Recirc Valve is still working sound!!

Itā€™s also a perfect example to show that the 2.3 EcoBoost, driven Flat Out around the Highlands with standard internals can easily cope with approx 410 ish BHP, providing itā€™s looked after!! Absolutely no issues!! šŸ˜¬šŸ¤™.

That said…. Iā€™m looking at getting the Turbo-Smart 50/50 with BRA soon….. and maybe a De-Cat, lol… just for some extra noise.Ā šŸ¤£šŸ‘Œ.

That should keep me occupied ā€˜til I decide about the next BIG POWER UPGRADE…. šŸ§šŸ§šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤«šŸ¤«..!! I feel your pain @gm haha… šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚..!! šŸ‘šŸ‘.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats,Ā Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&RĀ Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBCĀ Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff BrakeĀ Pads,Ā Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler,Ā Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3,Ā DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo eveningĀ mate šŸ‘Ā šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ do it! i was fitting the sports cat, but its staying in the garage! I’ve opted for the life long Covid friendly MOT šŸ˜‰

Ive finally started pulling the pin šŸ™ƒĀ WMI kit on its way and soon to be fitted with the help of @nateodog…. picked my internals almost, but its the block thats doing my nut! which – what – when and how! šŸ¤£šŸ¤ŖĀ Diff sorted in garage waiting and carbon lined synchro’s will be ordered end of the week, if i stop buying other crap! And stop getting distracted with my new bike… even slacked off work today to get out on it! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The 50/50 is spot on mate… mines a real granny frightener now with all the noises going on! will be welding in a huge resonator soon tho to kill the rasp when really getting on it… but will keep the flames free flowing šŸ’„šŸ’„šŸ”„šŸ”„Ā ill mail you my full list of slight modifications šŸ˜

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo @gm

Yeah I feel like having a bit more noise , that sounds good that the turbosmart only flutters when pushing it otherwise I can imagine it would get on yer tits šŸ¤£

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Recirc Valves. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!