Refit front fog surrounds(bezels)

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Refit front fog surrounds(bezels)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Folks, I recently purchased carbon oem front fog surrounds to replace the plastic ones. Ford dealership said they would need to take the front bumper off to do the work. I did not think that was required, so after some research I found out that you could remove them by pulling them out, which was an easy job. On fitting new surrounds, it is tricky to get the clips to fit into the slots, working from the ground does not help. I have managed to the o/s one and tight to the fog light, but having trouble fiting the n/s one flush with the fog light. If anyone can provide any guidance then that would be great. Cheers Tom

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yer, when I changed my blubs i found one popped in nicely while the other side popped on and half sort of pops out again, so left it, it was like that from new too.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks, it looks ok but I am ocd when it comes to my car lol. Will keep a check on it,but should be fine. Cheers

Norbert
    Participant

UK - England

Do make sure it is in correctly . I changed the fog bulbs and had to remove the surrounds .Thought they were fine. Some weeks later went over a hidden speed bump a bit too fast.When I got home 200 miles later one of the covers (o/s) was missing. My wife said she thought she saw something fly up when we ‘hit’ that bump thing !!! WTF !!!

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just make sure you bend and align all the locators correctly and they lock in fine.  Had mine off a few times, worth taking the time to make sure they are correctly located and locked in.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you could always bond a little restraining strap/wire to the back of the surround and attach the other end to a screw or something hidden by the surround when fitted, that way if it does pop off, its only going to be dangling off a bit on a short tether !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mad-mick
    Participant

UK - England

Any one got a passenger side one they no longer require?????

Just posted on the RS chat bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Refit front fog surrounds(bezels). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!