Remus Fitted

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Remus Fitted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

Had my Remus exhaust fitted today and all I can say is…………………………..what an absolutely awesome piece of kit! With FENG disabled all I can hear now are the raspy notes from the exhaust along with some explosive pops and bangs! Just what I wanted to bring the car to life and such a vast improvement on stock.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@DarkHorse

Evening mate!! Excellent choice of Exhaust!! I love mine, the sound is epic!! Enhanced even more as I’ve a 100 Cell Hi-Flo Cat!! ?. The video clips on YouTube etc just don’t do it justice!! Did you notice how light it was?? The back box alone I think is about 6Kgs lighter than the OEM one. Do you have the brushed stainless pipes??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Good Evening Marc! I was aware that the Remus is considerably lighter than the OEM. Did you fit the Remus with the stock hangers? Some of our friends across the pond have mentioned experiencing excessive drone with standard hangers. To resolve the issue they’ve fitted Cobb hangers designed for the Focus ST as there is no RS version. What is your take on any drone? Have you also fitted exhaust valve delete? If so does this significantly improve and increase sound and pops and bangs? I elected for the black tips which I felt best complimented my Blue Edition. Completely agree that the videos on You tube fall hopelessly short of doing justice to this wonderful system. You simply have to hear it in the raw!

CheeRS, Richard

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Do love the Remus its a lovely system

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

I own the Remus System for two years now and love every drive with it. With a remap it sounds even more aggressive under full acceleration. Was the best buy for the RS so far

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

Morning mate!! Thanks for the alert, lol!! I lost track of this thread and didn’t realise you’d replied!! Anyhoo…..

Yes, stock hangers mate. What’s the difference with COBB ones?? Are they softer/more flexible or firmer?? I thought the stock ones were pretty firm.

As for drone, it’s almost non-existent with my driving style and location, although there is a long uphill stretch on the A9 south of Inverness which if taken in 6th gear with light throttle at around 70mph I notice some. Simple fix is to drop down a gear or 2 to raise the RPM. Other than that I’ve no complaints!!

Exhaust Valve Delete Plug – Funny you ask as I just fitted this on Thursday when I got home from work. Reason I fitted the delete Plug was each time I come home after 3 weeks Offshore and collect my RS from the long stay car park my Valve is stuck shut!! As you know this results in Drive Mode Selection being unavailable and the N/S Tailpipe Valve being stuck shut, resulting in very little Exhaust noise, not good in my opinion.  Usually a quick chap on the Valve does the trick but the last couple of times that hasn’t worked!! So I removed the Tailpipe section and removed the Solenoid to free the Valve off. I then decided to leave the solenoid off and the Valve in the open position. You would expect this would work fine as the Solenoid can do it’s Self-Test on start up which allows me to select Drive Modes and my Valve is open all the time, which I like!! But NO… with the solenoid secured to the underside of the car and still connected electrically (just not bolted to the Valve) as soon as I started the vehicle I got the Drive Mode Selection Unavailable error!! I found this strange and actually thought I had a wiring fault at the connector plug but decided to order the Delete Plug first and try that. Worked a treat!! So I have the Valve open all the time which I think does make it sound better, love the noise from the REMUS, baring in mind I’m running Litchfield Stage 2 which does increase the Pops n Bangs a bit, full Drive Mode Selection and next time my car is left in Aberdeen for 3 weeks I know I can jump straight into it and all shall be well. Once I source a grommet I’ll pull the wire through into the boot and just have the Solenoid inside rather than cable tied to the underside of the car. I’ll give it another week or so to decide and if I’m completely happy with it I think I’ll enquire about a non-valved section of pipe from Remus and completely do away with the Valve.

Tailpipe Tips – Reason I enquired about your choice was because I went for the brushed Stainless and if left untouched can show some surface corrosion spots over time. First time I noticed this I was far from impressed but it cleans up perfect with some steel wool and very little effort.

Apologies for the tardiness of the reply mate, hope this info helps?? ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Thank you Marc for such a comprehensive and detailed reply. You make some useful and interesting points. Apparently the Cobb hangers are firmer than the soft spongier stock ones. According to one of the US RS Forums Remus actually recommend firmer hangers despite the fact that this is not mentioned in the fitting instructions which I received with the exhaust.  However, although I’m slightly uneasy about any possible drone I shall persevere with the stock hangers and monitor how the car performs over the coming weeks. I’m steered towards valve delete and again this option is certainly on my radar. My appreciation once again for your help.

CheeRS! Richard

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

I’m guessing you feel like this too mate…..

Haha… You gotta love the Remus….

Cheers, Marc.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Marc, I’m getting terrible, unbearable and deafening cabin drone under acceleration! It’s driving me insane not to mention the potential damage to my hearing! Not sure it’s been fitted correctly or that possibly I’ve got a defective part but Remus UK involved and thankfully it’s under warranty. Going in next week to be extensively checked and tested. Remus are renowned for their noise testing so I’m convinced that I shouldn’t be experiencing this dreadful din! I just want to enjoy it as you suggest…………………………..is that too much to ask!?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

That’s no good mate!! I fit all my parts myself and always will do, and I certainly don’t suffer from that. As I described in an earlier post, drone is very rare!! Is your FENG definitely turned off mate??

Cheers, Marc.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

what its like @ Marcs !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Marc, my drone is under load betwen 2/2.5K revs accelerating in high gear between 60/70 mph. Changing down clears it. Does your Remus behave similarly in these circumstances? My FENG is definitely disabled. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

tabzz
    Participant

UK - England

@DarkHorse I have the same on my Remus, mine was supplied by Ford as Ford Performance. I thought it was normal to have that. I have FENG turned off and get the same very loud drone. Once you get to 3K revs or beyond and it’s quiet but somewhere between 2-3K and it’s there. I notice it the most when on the motorway in 6th gear.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

Evening Richard!! I honestly don’t think mine does that. What I have noticed in the past was what I described in an earlier post… Leaving Inverness, 6th gear, uphill, about 70mph I got some drone, BUT the last time I went up that hill i didn’t notice anything and that was with the Exhaust Valve Delete!!

I’m going out in the RS just now and I’ll try some driving under the circumstances you have described, coz to be honest I’m not usually driving around in a “motorway style” up here, mainly coz there’s no motorways, lol!! There more like Blasts I tend to go for, ?. I’ll report back later on mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@tabzz

Interesting! Thank you for that because you’re the only other owner with the Remus fitted to notice the drone issue as described. My understanding has always been that this exhaust should be drone free but I know aftermarket systems are notorious for it.

@brembo

CheeRS Marc and I await your further report with much interest…………………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Remus Fitted. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!