Remus Fitted

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Remus Fitted

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

Evening mate!! Well I did about 15 miles or so up the A9 in “motorway” style driving…. 6th gear and accelerating between 50 and 80mph, varying the acceleration between gently going from 50 to 80 then slightly more throttle the next time, then the next and so on…. Most of it was flat but there was a few inclines and I even tried to mimic a steeper gradient by pulling the handbrake on a couple of clicks….. and NOTHING mate!! Nothing at all!! I really was hoping to get something to report back to you, so it wasn’t due to a lack of effort.

Now I definitely used to get a bit, not much but I have heard it on the odd occasion, 6th gear, 70mph, uphill, light throttle, but now nothing. Amongst my Upgrades the only things that could possibly effect it would be  Litchfield Stage 2 Map, Milltek 100 Cell Cat and full Air Intake… don’t know if any of that makes a difference or not but I’ve never experienced anything like your describing??

I’d advise opening up your exhaust valve and trying it and if all is well get yourself the Valve Delete coz that seems to have got rid of the small amount of drone I did have. Try unbolting the solenoid (3 x 8mm Nuts) and cable tie it to the underside of the car and open your Valve by hand then go for a Test Drive!!

Hope that helps mate!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Marc, thank you so much for taking the trouble to attempt to mimic my issue and generally offering advice as to the cause of the drone. Remus are currently involved along with my supplier in trying to identify the root of the problem. If there is no improvement at the end of the day then I will certainly implement the suggestions you have put forward. I really appreciate the input – CheeRS mate!

I’ll keep you informed as things develop……………………..

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

No problem at all mate!! I was going out in the car anyway for one last blast before I head Offshore today. I’ve done another 150 miles this morning from up North to Aberdeen, mainly in 50 to 70 mph traffic and still nothing. Hopefully you’ll have a resolution soon and can get back to enjoying it as it’s meant to be!! Keep me posted with your progress mate!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Bob Rej
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

With the valve closed on this system, would you say it is a lot quieter?

I’ve currently got a non valve mountune system and with stock and M400 map, it’s  too loud and aggressive for daily use.  I’ve heard that a valved mountune exhaust is not much quieter.  So I’m looking for a system that is quiet with the valve closed.

My plan is to have a remote valve remote and keep it closed on normal.  With the M400 map, normal mode doesn’t do bangs just nice pops and burbles.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Bob, I have a valved mountune v3 with a remote fob. The system was too loud on start up and is now so much quieter, happy neighbours now.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Marc, I’m delighted to report that I’ve secured a replacement exhaust direct from the Remus factory in Austria! Their customer service is A1 and I couldn’t compliment them enough. Initially there was no difference between the original and new but with the valve delete fitted it’s a total transformation! Little drone except in a narrow rev range under hard acceleration between 2500 /3000 revs in 5th / 6th gears. The explosions (no exaggeration) from the exhaust are unbelievable and my face aches from the sheer pleasure I’m now deriving from this brilliant car. As much as I loved (literally) my Mk2, this car is so versatile and loaded with character. It’s a absolute pleasure to drive and never fails to thrill and excite.

Thank you so much for all your help and advice in bringing this matter to a thoroughly satisfactory conclusion.

If anyone is considering Remus then look no further………………..you won’t be disappointed!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darkhorse

Evening mate!! That’s excellent news!! You must be delighted!! So I take it you’ve got the Exhaust Valve Delete Plug fitted with the Valve in the Tailpipe in the open position?? Yeah the sound from the Remus is awesome mate!! Do you drive around with your back windows down a couple of inches like I do?? Haha..!! ??. Keeps me smiling constantly when I’m driving. It’s a well worthwhile upgrade, that’s for sure!! Glad you’ve had a good outcome mate!! ENJOY!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

You’ve got it Marc…….exhaust valve delete (courtesy of our Kenny!) and valve constantly open in consequence. Wouldn’t have it any other way! Got stranded in local roadworks on the way home today but gave the navvies a short blast resulting in a burst of explosions from the exhaust which were apparently appreciated! The difference over the stock exhaust is simply awesome!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by DarkHorse.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Remus Fitted. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!