Reverse Lock-out Collar

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Reverse Lock-out Collar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

RE: Reverse Lock-out Collar

Hi,

Has anyone sourced an aftermarket alternative, to the crappy silver plastic one we have, in the UK??

Seen some VERY nice options but all sourced frrom USA!

Has anyone experience of purchasing direct from the US (customs, postage costs etc.?)

Thanks,

Nitemare

2017.5 RS MG MSD Multimap 350/380/420

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

I got the Lathewerks gear knob from the states which comes with a collar. The quality is excellent. I didn’t have any problems with import duty et cetera

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

well, I must say after 4 years of ownership , sitting here right now I’m thinking “reverse lockout collar”??? I dont remember anything like that !! I’m going to have to go out to the garage now and have a look at how reverse gear is selected !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Dare I ask, call me simple but what’s a reverse lock out collar?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

RS WUB, I think its something the Mrs might wear in bed on special occasions ?  maybe stops you potting the brown in off the pink sort of thing?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Ahh once a year special occasion type of thing

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Something like this?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

thats it turbo !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Still clueless!

440bhp

443lbft

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Welll … some VERY interesting ideas/solutions there lol!!!!

@sds
    … good to hear about Latheworks, so far they seem to offer the nicest (if expensive) options!!

https://www.lathewerks.com/focus-rs-reverse-lockout-ring.html

But has anyone EVER managed to removed the crappy Ford OE piece WITHOUT damaging it!!??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Matt, but lets face it mate, you always were !!!! ha ha ha  😎

so are you run in yet??  hows it going ? happy chappy?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

well, as nitemare is still going on about it I guess it wasna a wind up, so I’ve gone out and had a look at mine. And yes ! it has a reverse lock out collar!! I must have been using it all these years automatically without even thinking about it ! ( its the little ring you pull up before moving to reverse gear, at the top of the gearlever gaitor/under your knob) Why anyone would be concerned about that or its quality I will never know ! Nitemare, what issues do you have with it?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@71-bda … no issues other than I’d like to change my gaiter.

However, trying to take the “silver” collar apart from the reverse lock out holder is a complete mare as its so brittle and nearly always breaks!! So I was trying to source a UK supplier of “better” quality unit before taking OE one apart!

Of course Ford DON’T supply the little collar part separately its ONLY part of a complete Gear Bezel Unit (1893927 – Finis, see below)!!

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/183/4.17338/51/1752/16309/94214/#7C453

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by nitemare.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by nitemare.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ooh, I see, thats why when I fitted my chunky Russian knob 4 years ago I took one look at the gaiter ( as the new knob came with a black suede gaiter to go with knob) and decide to just fit the knob ! I’d leave it alone ! I’ve always believed in “If ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” Good luck. Innit

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Reverse Lock-out Collar. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!