Revo Technik Stage 2 Software

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Revo Technik Stage 2 Software

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 150 total)
  • Author

petert
    Participant

UK - England

@kenny nothing offical from us yet, but there’s a graph floating around on Facebook đŸ™‚ a certain oldman has some

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Dyno graph

Revo Stage 2 Dyno Graph Mk3 Focus RS

MK3 Focus RS Revo Stage 2

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

And there i rest my case…..Game REVO

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

James McCullough
    Participant

United Kingdom

interesting figures…can you be more clear on what testing has been carried out, longevity is one…and driven hard… how long continuously on track and launch controlled how many times back to back…like if you went to track day or drag strip… just saying your hooning it around tells us nothing… how long at top speed? if you can point me somewhere that answers all this you might have another customer..though hopefully not have to give up my mountune air intake or Riverside Racing cat back….

petert
    Participant

UK - England

We have 6 Beta cars around the globe testing this STG2 software, many of which are driven hard on track. We don’t tend to do much drag strip work, as you could tune specifically for a drag time, whereas we focus on the over-all package of a drivers car. The majority of tuning development has been done at Bruntingthorpe, so there’s a 1.8 mile straight where the Focus RS can achieve around 170MPH, to put that into perspective, a STG3 300bhp Fiesta ST can acheive around 155-160MPH, before having to brake for the right hander. The latest bit of testing at Bruntingthorpe was testing the overall STG2 Revo Package which includes the Revo Intercooler, Revo Charge and Throttle Pipes, Revo Induction Kit(Carbon Fibre) accompanied with a Milltek sports-cat, we were doing 3-4-5th gear pulls to see how the hardware coped with on the road driving, as well as long 6th gear pulls from 1500RPM til 6000RPM (165-170MPH or so) to stress test the entire vehicle, see how the IAT and EGT coped and affected the power of the vehicle and whether any adjustments had to be made to the software to ensure everything was still safe. We don’t tune on the dyno, we just use it as a tool to see how the power curve is looking, most of the development is done on the road as this is where you will be driving your cars, or at Bruntingthorpe if we need a safe environment for high speed testing. We also make our own logging software, so if there is a sensor on the Focus RS, or a table/byte inside the ECU, we can log it, I think it’s over 28,000 different parameters or sensors that we can log, this is our biggest part of development.

This software, or a derivative of it, has been with our dealer network, for around 8-9 months now, as Ford Fair finished last year, the following week, STG2 development started and has been on-going since, much to many of our customers dismay.

James McCullough
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Peter, wouln’t want a drag specific car, just would be worried the launch using LC could be quite a risk to bend something with that amount of torque

petert
    Participant

UK - England

That’s OK, the RDU and ECM both have a lot of fail safe’s. If the temperatures are getting too hot, the vehicle will enter FWD mode, unfortunately there isn’t much we can do about that unless we change the temperatures at which it does this, but in doing so could cause damage, like all road cars that end up on track, you quickly realise, you need better cooling everywhere, gearbox oil, RDU oil will all be getting fairly hot, so best cause of action would be to add coolers to them.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

James

om one of the beta test customers. My car has covered 5k and one very hard track day at Brands, where I pushed the car to its limits….and beyond!! Yes the oil temp got hot, very hot but the car didn’t miss a beat. As Pete described Revo carry out huge R&D before releasing and that’s with their own cars and selected customer cars like mine. I have the Latest  Beta File, which is excellent and have noticed through the various updated versions that it’s constantly improved. Car is smooth, PULLS like a train, but the TQ is dialled in progressively to avoid stressing box, clutch, diffs etc. Not sure where you’re based but you’re welcome to come out in mine so you can see how much it’s changed the car. This together with JCR superLow seat frames make the FRS day and from the car that rolls out of the factory?

??????

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

petert
    Participant

UK - England

I still think it needs more power đŸ™‚ a Hybrid/Big Turbo should fix that

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

With standard internals, box, clutch, difs etc? Also would that be the OE turbo with interns upgraded?

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

petert
    Participant

UK - England

I’d want closed deck, internals (rods and pistons), maybe clutch.

jabuan
    Participant

Germany

Hey guys,

that´s sounds very interesting. Is there a date for official release of the Revo Stage 2?

petert
    Participant

UK - England

nothing official yet, no.

Ferhat Atak
    Participant

Germany

I received an interesting mail yesterday, claiming that there is no chance to get the beta version because the final version will be released in a few weeks.

Is that true ??

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Beta s/w wouldn’t be given out as the 6 global customers including me were selected last year. Release will be forthcoming once final beta s/w dev has concluded and all h/w parts for the STG2 package are readily available. Unlike Mountune who’s supply chain is non existent, hence you wait months even for an air freshener ??

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Revo Technik Stage 2 Software. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!