Revo Technik Stage 2 Software

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Revo Technik Stage 2 Software

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author

killhawk3
    Participant

Germany

Hey Marc!

Yes, it is already violent, I agree with you. Clutch only causes problems when driving with the ESP switched on and switching from 1st gear to 2nd gear at full speed. Otherwise no problems at all. Yes, the engine will be at the limit, that’s right. But many go with Stage 2 and have had no problems so far.
    2 bar falling to 1.8 / 1.75 bar.

MY 16 • slategrey • H&R springs 20mm • 3“ downpipe with 200 cell cat • modified stock exhaust • cold air intake + K&N filter + silicone connectors • AliCool FMIC • Revo Stage 2 – 102 octane

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@killhawk3.

Is this a dyno of your own car? Are you running the REVO Stage 2? Where did the 657 Nm come from, that’s 485 Ft/lbs of torque, way higher than the estimated 425 – 455? And an increase of 140 Ft/lbs (190 Nm) over standard!! The standard engine may well handle this, it would be great if it could, I guess time will tell. And also 2 bar (29 psi) of initial boost, that’s pretty brave too!! Standard Conrods don’t like being thumped in the face by big wallops of BOOST!! Lol!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Para
    Participant

Germany

Hi Killhawk3, can you let me know where you did the revo tune? I am located in Germany as well and would go visit the tuner for some more indepth information. Also, does it come with TÜV? Thanks.

killhawk3
    Participant

Germany

@brembo: Yes, that’s from my car. I do not know where the increase in torque comes from. I think it’s an upside of the software. The same can be by stock power and torque already. Except for FMIC, K & N filters and downpipe, I have not changed anything.
    Well, it also depends very much on how the boost pressure starts and how the torque builds up. It builds up gradually and not with a punch.
    I mean, nobody knows what the engine can do. Maybe he is “tuning friendly” as many have always claimed (which was mainly from end users and not from tuners).

@Para
    : In Falkenberg in Bavaria. He definitely has a clue. Or you go to TK Engineering near Nuremberg! And no, that is without TÜV.

MY 16 • slategrey • H&R springs 20mm • 3“ downpipe with 200 cell cat • modified stock exhaust • cold air intake + K&N filter + silicone connectors • AliCool FMIC • Revo Stage 2 – 102 octane

Para
    Participant

Germany

Thanks killhawk3, very helpfull. I will contact them for some more info and what hardware changes are required for this.

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

Hi, i’ve been running Revo stage 2 software for 2 weeks with this hardware setup

• RAMAIR induction;
    • MILLTEK de-cat downpipe;
    • DENSO IRIDIUM ITV22 spark plugs;
    • Vibra Techniks engine mount;
    • Stock intercooler, no blanking plate.

With this setup and 99 Ron fuel the dyno said 390 hp and 655 nm, but at 5000 rpm the power went down because of high intake temperature and i was recommended to upgrade the intercooler.

I got the AIRTEC intercooler and charge pipes but i didn’t dyno the car with this one. The car feels slightly quicker with this intercooler but like 0,2-0,3 seconds from 100 to 200 km/h.

Performance wise this is what got so far (all times are mesured on the speedometer not gps):

Stock                  Revo 1                     Revo 2

80-120 km/h (3rd gear)      3,2 s                    2,6 s                         2,25 s

0-100 km/h (with LC)         4,9 s                   4,4 s                             –

100-200 km/h                      14,5 s                   11 s                           9,4 s

(3rd+4th+5th)     (3rd+4th)               (3rd+4th)

The clutch was slipping allready after 10 or so launches on stage 1 so i did no launch on stage 2 (it slips even in 2nd gear now).

But this is not all…

With stage 1 i got linear throttle response, i could place the turbo pressure needle anywhere between 0-1,8 bar whenever i wanted, the throttle feeling / car response was flowless.

With stage 2 is a different story… i eyther get less boost or too much boost than expected…

I go 25% throttle, i get 0,4-0,5 bar; i go 50% throttle, i get 0,7-0,9 bar; i go 75 % throttle, pressure stays at 0,8-0,9 bar; i go 76% throttle, the pressure flies to 1,5-2 bar and i get a kick in the ass!

If i press gently the gas pedal i dont get enaugh boost, if i press some more i get too much of it!

I can access the 0,9-1,5 bar pressure range but not by applying gentlr throttle, instead i have to push gas pedal harder and then back down a little, but this way i get a nasty ride, for the passengers especially.

Anybody experienced this kind of behaviour?

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

Oh…and i wonder…is it possible to get a launch in 2nd gear? I was thinking that this way there will be no wheel spin and we elliminate the gear change from 1st to 2nd and then a less than 4 s time 0-100 km/h would be possible!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Nicu Patrana

Thanks for your posts, very interesting reading!!

Sounds like your Boost is a bit all over the place, some Data Logging should dial that in a bit hopefully. I queried Killhawk3 on his boost to which he said he gets 2 bar initially then 1.8 bar – He described it as “violent”?! Your Stage 2 map should be fast and powerful but should still be SMOOTH!! I’m running Litchfield Stage 2 and the car drives beautifuly under all circumstances!!

Do you do Data Logging??

Upgraded Intercooler I think should be on any Stage 2 map. The colder the IAT the better – Always.

As for trying a launch in 2nd gear – That’s a DEFINITE NO!! Regardless of whether your clutch already slips or not a 2nd gear launch is just crazy. You could Try lowering your RPM for the flat foot shift in Launch Control. But from my experience once a clutch has slipped a few times the faces of the Friction Plate will become glazed due to the heat and you can’t clean that off – It’s just a matter of time until it goes completely!!

Keep us posted with your progress with your REVO Stage 2 please mate??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Nicu Patrana

I’d also advise upgrading your Re-circ Valve, you don’t realise how Shit the Ford OEM valve is until you take it off and have a look at it!! Especially as your running higher Boost and a Decat!!

Cheers, Marc.

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

The power is there, but i shall see what is to be done about the throttle response. My Revo dealer sent some logs to Revo UK, we are waiting for a reply. Thanks for your advice!

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

About the recirc valve, i thought of the turbosmart…dual or full recirc? Also i was thinking about the turbosmart internal wastegate actuator…

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

437 hp, 684 nm

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

With the airtec intercooler and charge pipes

Nicu Patrana
    Participant

Romania

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Revo Technik Stage 2 Software. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!