Riverside Racing Cat Back Exahust Now Fitted

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Riverside Racing Cat Back Exahust Now Fitted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

After many weeks of searching and checking out aftermarket cat back exhausts thanks to Kenny I checked out the RSR exhaust which is fabricated by Russ Fellows of M.R. Fabrications.

After ringing and speaking to Tom decided to book the car in and make the journey up from Bristol to RSR in Liverpool.

On arrival I was greeted by the owner Paul and the car put up on ramps for the OEM exhaust to be removed and the RSR one to be fitted. I was lucky enough to be allowed into the workshop area (They had opened especially for me and another customer on the 28th December although being officially closed) to watch the work being undertaken and also Russ, Tom and Paul were on hand to answer any questions that I had. Tea was also flowing my way on a regular basis thanks to Alan 😉

I must admit that the exhaust is a piece of Art with the best welding that I’ve ever seen that would not look out of place on a Rolls Royce!

The exhaust gasses flows through both tailpipes whether the valve is open or not so much better than the OEM exhaust that tends to look fake from behind in cold weather with only gasses coming from the o/s tailpipe!

Also the valve is now mounted on top so is not visible to cars following and away from all the dirt and muck.

Also there’s a piece of pipe that the valve is in that by passes the back boxes altogether so when in sport ant the valve opens sounds like a fighter jet with a few rounds of an AK47 thrown in for good measure!

I was frozen to death on the way back to Bristol as I kept driving with the window down appreciating the quality sound that this exhaust emits.

In normal mode and at motorway cruising speeds theirs absolutely no droning and from inside the cabin no difference from the standard exhaust.

The guys at RSR are also offering a 10% discount to club members so really does make this a bargain compared to other brands out there IMHO.

[video src="https://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/bigknd/VIDEO0007.mp4" /]

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sound clip / Video of RSR Exhaust can be found here

https://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/bigknd/VIDEO0007.mp4

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

andycunns
    Participant

United Kingdom

hello mate, how you finding the russ fellows riverside racing exhaust? the initial review you left sounds all good! how you finding it after a few months of use?

Cheers

Andy

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Andy

Yes still 110% happy with it, pops and bangs in sport mode are insane and no booming or excess cabin noise when cruising at 70meh on the motorway.

Still one of the best upgrades around for the RS imho.

?

andycunns
    Participant

United Kingdom

good to hear, as i get mine fitted 31st of this month!?

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Great Andy you will not regret it 😉

Let us know what you think after it’s fitted

rsbaron
    Participant

UK - England

@bigknd

im in chippenham and super interested in gettin one of these exhausts fabricated. Any chance we could meet up one evening so I could have a listen. Would also be really good to meet another local RS owner / lover 🙂

bigknd
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yes not a problem, get Kenny to send you my email address 😉

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Saw this exhaust on the club shop but can’t see any videos of it and the links above are just photos. It looks beautiful but I would like to hear it. Appreciate its not 100% accurate with a phone recording and then playing on my phone but Im hoping it has that grunt and burble so many other systems lack so if you know a link then please post!
    cheers, Al

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Riverside Racing Cat Back Exahust Now Fitted. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!