Road fund tax

Home Forums General Newbie Road fund tax

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

victory1
    Participant

UK - England

Due to collect my magnetic grey rs in April, when I signed the contract my first year road tax was 300. new law says now it will be 800 will ford have to honor the original contract. Any thoughts on same.

As this is my first time on the rs mk3 site. I have been in the rs owners club for 24 years it ony seems like yesterday I collected my mk1 rs turbo were as all the years gone. my longest ownership is my sapphire cosworth which now as been with me for around 24 years.

tommy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I suspect the price will go up as it’s an increase in the brand new car road tax which has nothing to do with Ford.

alan
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Isnt the RS tax band H, meaning it currently costs 210? If your car is registered after 1st April it will go up to 300.

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Charles,

When placed my Order Hartwell Kiddlington, the Copy of Order / Receipt for £1K Deposit specifically says price correct, but any Government Charges will apply at the rate applicable when car delivered.

So unless your dealer is very generous I think you will have to stump up the extra, but, The yearly amount reduces after first year.

Earlier threads have calculated that you will need to keep car 5 Years to reach parity with what is being paid today.

victory1
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for your views , will post out come.

RS17BOY
    Participant

United Kingdom

I phoned ford, who say from April the Focus RS VED will be £800. Then a reduced yearly tax rate to £140. If like me who is hoping to take delivery in March? The VED will remain unchanged along with the £210. Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Road fund tax. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!