Royal steering wheels

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Royal steering wheels

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

They both look great. Having a hard time deciding  what to do. Think I’m edging towards keeping it simple like lamberps. Think it should have come like that from factory.

440bhp

443lbft

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

So how does that affect the ghost security system.? Surely you have to disconnect the battery to remove your wheel of risk being killed by the airbag?

How long can the battery be disconnected for?

My car is sorn until May so its an ideal time.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t affect the ghost! Yes the battery has to be disconnected for the airbag but the ghost works just as before once its reconnected.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Cool nice to know! Thank you

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Just got back from having my steering wheel fitted at royal steering wheels. Really pleased with it. Decided on blue stripe and Alcantara at 3 and 9 o’clock positions.

440bhp

443lbft

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Liking that one Matt. Might have to indulge myself!.

Jeff Windsor
    Participant

United Kingdom

I had them do my steering wheel and the quality is superb <!–more–>

davew88
    Participant

UK - England

Royal steering wheels did my Nissan GTR steering wheel for me when I had it a few years back, I echo what everybody else is saying they are top quality and it’s amazing what a difference it makes. Seeing all these new RS wheels certainly tempts me to get mine done ?

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening guys,

Think for the money this is an excellent mod. Really fancy getting this arranged for next trip I’m offshore. What’s the timescale that the wheel is away?

For the guys with the full alcantara I’ve heard it’s a nightmare to keep clean/good condition? Does it get a bit wooly/bobbly in places.

Definitely fancy the blue stripe at 12 o clock and edging towards @Matt. B wheel rather than the full alcantara.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I carry a tooth rush and a micro fibre cloth so everytime I’m in traffic i brush away and wipe down to keep it looking ok. Once a month i clean it properly. Couldn’t imagine trying to keep a full Alcantara wheel clean though

440bhp

443lbft

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Matt. B

I don’t daily drive the car so it wouldn’t be too much of a problem I guess although I am terribly OCD so maybe it would annoy me. Never had an alcantara wheel so nothing to compare to.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Seen this one on royal steering wheels website. Alcantara at tip and bottom and perforated leather at the sides. Predominantly going to be holding the leather sections so won’t wear/get dirty but this may defeat the purpose of alcantara?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Too be honest ive found i actively try and not hold my alcantara part so could be the better option having the top and bottom done.

440bhp

443lbft

Jeff Windsor
    Participant

United Kingdom

I don’t drive mine every day so I’m not worried, but I have a pack of hand wipes in the car (the joys of having children !!) so clean hands means clean steering wheel.  I did 30k miles in my racing puma and just cleaned it on a regular basis and it was still in perfect condition when I sold it.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Launches and 0 – 60 take offs take their toll on any clutch.

If you drive it foot to the floor that then becomes hard driving over And what is relatively hard driving

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Royal steering wheels. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!