RS alarming randomly – then car completely dead

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU RS alarming randomly – then car completely dead

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

rj
    Participant

Australia

Hi Guys,

I was woken up this morning by the RS’s alarm going off, went on a cycle for 30 sec increments and then silence for approx 10 sec before it started again.  I got the keys on the 3rd round of alarming and tried to disable by the fob and it wouldn’t respond. Used the blade key to get into the car and then attempted to unlock/lock and push button start but nothing was working, also tried resting the fob on the emergency pad in this process. It continued to do this for maybe 15 times and then eventually stopped.

The car now is near on completely dead, no aux power and i still can’t unlock the doors via the fob. When i attempt to unlock i hear the servo’s slightly try but nothing happens. Figuring the battery might be dead and that’s why it was initially having a scream I checked it out, it’s reading 12.3v which i figured shouldn’t be an issue but maybe it is for this car? so i hooked up another car to jump it, confirmed it was matched to 13v in the process and still no life in the RS, no instruments, no start, nothing.

I then went through and checked all the fuses in the engine bay and they’re all healthy.

It feels suspiciously like a computer based issue or an anti-theft device malfunction, has anyone had anything like this happen or something similar? Figured i’d ask on here before i book in a tow for the 20km trip to the service centre…

rj
    Participant

Australia

So after trying to get diag info from the ODBII port and getting nothing out of it i’m pretty sure the BCM is dead. towed to the service centre and they’ve been investigating for a while now.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Very unlucky for you but this is a new one. Interested to know what the Ford services centre come back with.

The only computer issues I’m aware of was on early COBB handsets locking up the computers and gameover. COBB fixed this with the V3 update. The fix was new computers.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

deathaze
    Participant

Canada

My BCM was also faulty from new, wipers would not spray and other weird power issues.

mickh
    Participant

Australia

Did you end up solving this one? Same thing just happened to me! Appreciate some help!

andrew Sparks
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, did you resolve this issue, I have exactly the same problem.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got the ST edition and it did the same it was a faulty battery, even if you disconnect the main battery the alarm still works as it has its own battery back up, also if the bonnet is up it causes the Alarm not to reset and keep going off

i fixed mine with a new battery 👍

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like a battery issue to me

charge it up fully and see

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Karl Rowe
    Participant

UK - England

Any ideas please as mine did this yesterday I can’t lock the doors or have any power in the vehicle

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Karl,  hi and welcome to the forum, definitely get the battery fully charged or replace it with a new one. Good luck 👍

Honorary Member

Karl Rowe
    Participant

UK - England

Hello just brought a new battery had it fitted and we still no power in the car.  No lights no screens its dead I have no idea moving forward I can’t look the car and its ford fair this weekend

Shahib Asan
    Participant

UK - England

Hi has anyone managed to find out what causes this? Mine went down today and had to be recovered on a low loader. Any idea what causes this and how to resolve the issue?

Shahib Asan
    Participant

UK - England

@rj what was the outcome with yours? Back up and running yet?

James Mann
    Participant

UK - England

Hi there first time posting and seem to have similar issue. Drove car home, parked in garage, locked it, 5 hours later heard a clicking noise and then few min later alarm is going off. Wing mirrors are in suggesting it is locked but door opens. Pressing key fob makes a clicking sound in door but when try to start with button and key in the centre console nothing. Alarm eventually stops. Car is completely dead with exception of radio screen which will turn on with the button but that is it. No dash lights, no horn, nothing. Any folks on this thread figured out cause. Will likely need recovered to ford in the morning.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS alarming randomly – then car completely dead. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!