Rs lowering

Home Forums General Newbie Rs lowering

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sr1971
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>Hi just joined the forum I have had my mk3 rs for 2 months now so it’s time for some upgrades I will definitely be having the 375 mountune upgrade but first I am thinking about having the car lowered with the 20mm Eibach Springs anyone had any issues will it drop lower than 20 mm

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Eibach Springs are progressive by design. Which does induce body roll and once it starts it hard to stop unless you buy the thickest anti roll bars out their and by chance they are made by  Eibach.

Unless you have them already cool if not buy the H&R version or the USA Mountune ones at an equal 15mm drop.

Other Springs are available but I’d recommend a linear rate spring over progressive if a performance gain is required.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

I have the Eibachs and really like them, they are a little softer than stock so they minimize the pogo effect without causing any body roll, the drop is perfect and still aligns within factory specs.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Guess it depends on your objective for the new springs, atheistic or performance. The Mountune I just had fitted are a small drop but give a bit more flex and better ride.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

non-believer 9 ?? “atheistic” !! or maybe aesthetics !! turbo30v man, you cant go softer on the springs for comfort and still have flat cornering. You either have to stiffen up the anti roll bars or raise the front and rear roll centre heights to compensate if you go soft springs, or wind up the damping which is not a good idea. the car is 1600+ kilos with a driver and Ford with all their supercomputers and suspension geeks must have half an idea of what is required to hold the car up in the bends and give an acceptable ride the rest of the time. I personally think the settings they came up with is a pretty good all round  end result

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

71-bda you absolutely can have a softer spring with minimal change to body roll if the shocks and struts are over dampened. The front Eibach spring is a progressive rate that progresses to the stock rate once fully compressed but hell guys I’m not trying to sell you anything, OP just asked for opinions on lowering springs, and my opinion is h&rs are bouncy and Eibachs ride well., this ends my input to this thread.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

turbo30, if the dampers are not changed and all you do is fit softer rate springs for a comfier ride, then the ride will be softer, turn in will be less sharp , and body roll will increase, how much roll are you going to get as you say ” progresses to the stock rate once fully compressed” ??  loads! Probably fine if you have straight smooth roads and the odd long smooth bend, but here in old blighty we have hairpins, potholes, and straights are far and few between. horses for courses. Mustang is suited for cruising the states, Focus RS for blighty.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

LOL iPad auto correct …..

I believe the MT springs are firmer?…. the reason for the crashy ride is the springs are too soft for the damper settings, so your banging on the dampers as they lock up, (descriptive term not technical) so you firm up the springs ?   But then those is so much fake news who the hell knows whats going on. Except the standard ride is poorly judged for UK roads.  Sport setting is shite.  Strange as Ford chassis dynamics are normally some of the best around, part of their brand DNA.  I blame the yanks for meddling with an RS   LOL

The MT springs feel just as firm if not more so, but the ride and suspension seems to have some flex and compliance  and less crashy and pogo

Mountune springs Features:

Uprated spring poundage
    Front ride height reduction 10mm
    Rear ride height reduction 15mm
    Fully compatible with OE adjustable damper
    Finished in mountune yellow

DSC module helps do similar as it modulates the damper setting to tune out the crashy and bouncy effect. Sport becomes usable. As it adapts each corner according to load and road inputs. A work around that helps, also works with the alternative springs.

@71bda, you were the one saying it pitches you all over the road and the Mk1 is faster the other day. Seems you need to start modding 😉

Oh, all based on my subjective experience before I get flamed  😉

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have the limited edition puma speed Eibach Springs .They lower the car about 5-10mm more than the normal Eibach Springs and have had no problems at all.

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I have kw springs from dreamscience and they’re spot on

scottishsodapop
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Dave to they calm the pogoing down

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rs lowering. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!