RS performance shifter kit

Home Forums Performance Transmission RS performance shifter kit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All

im thinking of ordering the performance shifter kit tomorrow.

Has anybody got one fitted?

is the difference noticeable?

Did you fit it yourself, was it straight forward?

thanks

https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/performance-parts/driveline-performance/performance-shifter-kit/2215811

2018 Focus RS Edition

FPM375  Ford Performance Shiter

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Badrobot

I don’t know of anyone that’s got this fitted yet!! My own personal opinion is that it’s very expensive for a 10% reduction in throw when changing gear. For a quarter of that price you can get the Short Shift Arm from Mountune which gives a 25% reduction in throw, AND it’s actually IN STOCK at present!! Not heard anything bad about them yet, I’ve just been given one for Xmas which I’ll fit in a day or 2. Choice is yours mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Marc

heard some people mention the Mountune short shifter makes the change a little notchy, I used to have the bryshifter on the mk2.  I had set it to lowest level, found it ok but any shorter made it notchy.

2018 Focus RS Edition

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Badrobot

I’ll let you know how it feels after I’ve fitted it, I’ve not personally heard anything bad. There’s a reset procedure you can do to the cables possibly that would help those with notchyness?? Here’s a link for it…

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had the Mountune shortshifter for about 18 months no issues at all

buy one of these and save some money

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The Mountune shifter is just as the OEM Ford in action just less travel.

Move Had two Mountune shifters and neither was notchy.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Who would of thought that buying Mountune would save you money! ???‍♂️

2018 Focus RS Edition

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

There are a few reports from independent users of the MT shifter causing a slight notchiness after fitting. I don’t think this is due to the shift throw reduction, but rather that the cable’s geometry has been altered. After I fitted mine, I noticed that the cable was now bent where the inner cable emerges from the shifter base plate. It’s inevitable that this will impact on the shift action as the cable now has to pass through a tighter bend in a shorter distance. I think the Ford Performance short shifter overcomes this by altering the cable geometry at the other end of the cable in a more thoughtfully engineered fashion. It’s another case of “you pays your money and ……..”.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The Ford Performance shifter will I guess become a unicorn part in the future for the concourse guys

It’s just the 10% reduction is a little low for the money against what’s out their at the moment, but it will fit perfectly and no one would be able to see it’s been modified, unless you really, really looked

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Badrobot
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys, really useful insight and helpful comments.

I’m going to go for the Ford performance shifter. Have the 5 year warranty with Ford don’t want to end up with a void claim of something that’s not approved.

@Rs77
    I’ve heard something very similar before, felt a little with the brushifter

@white-rs2
    this RS is a keeper, OEM can’t go wrong

2018 Focus RS Edition

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Have a had Mountune shifter installed for some time now but the change is still very clonky and the gate leg over from 2nd to 3rd can sometimes be bad. When accelerating fast sometimes it will not engage 3rd at all and left trying to find a gear to drop back into!! Also 4th over into 2nd does not always work. Has anybody else had problems? The gearbox on my MK 2 to be honest is better!!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@crunchie

Evening mate!! Have you tried the cable reset procedure from the link I posted above?? Might help.

Cheers, Marc.

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Marc will give it a go, see what happens.  Ian

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS performance shifter kit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!