RS Premium Stereo Upgrade

Home Forums General Newbie RS Premium Stereo Upgrade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Kenneth Newton
    Participant

USA

Hey folks!  I’m new to the forum but I thought I might share with you what I’ve done to replace the lackluster stereo system.

It all started when the driver door factory speaker decided to blow out.   Having always been into car audio, I decided to upgrade them a bit.  Once done, I was unimpressed as they were still being powered by the factory amplifier.

I then started dreaming of a much grander upgrade.  I ended up with a system that is very much Over-The-Top.

2 JL Audio 10” W7 subwoofers powered by 2 JL Audio HD750/1 Amplifiers

a three way Focal Utopia set in the front doors.  (Midbass in doors, 3” and tweets in custom built A pillars).  2 way Focal Utopia set with passive crossover in rear doors. The door speakers are powered by 2 JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers.

There is extensive Dynamat done throughout the vehicle.  Heavy duty wiring and 2 extra small batteries.  All sound processing is done though a JL Audio Fix-86 and TwK-88.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Popular with the neighbours then!

Looks cool Kenneth – Nice job.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice job !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Seems like another language to me

I just switched off Feng, removed underbonnet insulation and listened to the 375 Fmp on full chat.

everyone has different interests that makes us a diverse community, so all the better.

May the Ford be with you

chris-neil
    Participant

Australia

I prefer listening the the chat on my radio in low volume, with only the RS engine and exhaust noises in the back ground. ?

Ford for life but I also own a Maserati

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

That’s some extreme upgrade, good job matey!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Good job, I’m sure it sounds truly amazing.

Honorary Member

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Love the attention to detail.

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Ken

Please can you let me know where and how you took the speaker feed into the JL Fix 86?  I have a similar setup but struggling to get a good signal to the Fix. Thankyou Karl.

oasked
    Participant

UK - England

Got any more photos?!

Must be amazing for sound quality, but doesn’t look like there’s any space in the trunk / boot left?!

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Tidy job that mate! I built up a Rockford Fosgate System for my Focus about 10 years ago but it looked nothing like this. So must have taken some work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS Premium Stereo Upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!