RS stolen from Ford dealer

Home Forums General Members’ Cars RS stolen from Ford dealer

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I would get some legal advice before you do anything. What a real shame for you.

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

God this is shocking. Surely the dealership should have some form of liability cover for this type of occurrence. As Red leader says if you are substantially out of pocket speak to citizens advice bureau then consider legal advice. Gutted for you.

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Well I’ve just been to see about legal action against the dealer for the shortfall between what my insurance is paying out and what is left to pay on finance and unfortunately unless I can prove that the dealer was negligent in looking after my car I don’t have a leg to stand on. So I’m still paying for a vehicle I don’t have and insurance have said the car has depreciated 2 grand in 7 weeks and that’s why there is a shortfall.

So moral of the story is make sure you have gap insurance, oh and if your beloved RS is going in to the garage for repairs/ service and it will be in overnight hire an armed guard to watch over it because if it is stolen you might not be able to prove the garage was negligible!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Did you have legal cover as part of your insurance policy? If you do ring them up and get a proper legal view on the matter.

Even with signs up in car parks “left at owners risk” aren’t worth the paper that it’s wriiten on.. if they take your vehicle and it’s like a contract. It’s not a case of being negligent as no one ever is on a thieft case, unless you leave the keys in the ignition with a sign in the window saying free to a good home, that might be classed as neglegent it’s a case of it was in their care and their responsibility. So if you’ve legal cover on your car insurance use it. CAB are good but Solicitors are better.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

rs2 – with respect, you are totally wrong. You’re getting his hopes up without knowing what you’re talking about. I’ve been involved in a few cases like this over the years. This is a civil and not a criminal case. The principles of law are totally different. YF1001 – consult a solicitor if it will make you feel better, but don’t be surprised if they tell you the same as CAB.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Bear in mind, unless you get a no win – no fee deal, a private solicitor will tell you have good chance of wining so they can charge you irrespective of the outcome.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Sue the dealer in a small claims court.

solicitors not needed. It’s cheap.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

kr1s – good call. SCC limited to 10k but enough to cover his uninsured losses. Still need to present compelling evidence to win. Chance that the dealer would settle out of court as they know the plaintiff’s losses are limited and they wouldn’t want the publicity.

scottishsodapop
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Part of same dealership took 3 days to sort my bonnet catch on my transit van then dumped it on public road even though there’s been a spate of van break ins

when asked why it wasn’t on premises told we don’t have room to park them all in our car park when I asked what if it had been broken into

replied not our problem ! Needless to say I won’t be back with van or rs

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

RS77 you are correct, at the end of the day it is me that has to prove they were negligent with my car which tbh would be pretty difficult.

My insurance ( now they have paid out ) are pursuing the dealers insurance to try and get the money back, so good luck to them I hope they get it but even they have to prove they were negligent with my vehicle. I have also put a bit on Ford UK’s Facebook page letting them know I’m not happy with the fact I’ve had to pay out the shortfall for a vehicle I don’t have.

Anyway the finance is now cleared and I pick up my new car tomorrow ( not an RS ), thanks for all the comments guys.

yf1001
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Quick update

The RS has now been found in Edinburgh thanks to a vigilant Facebook user, still had original reg plates on and appears to be all in one piece ( surprisingly). The police have now recovered it so maybe a slim chance of getting fingerprints, hopefully. I know the car belongs to the insurance company but just a heads up there might be a cracker of an RS coming up for auction soon, for those interested.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the update.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Many thanks for the update, that’s the good use of social media ?

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I Think someone bought it in the other thread about engine burning oil ?????

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS stolen from Ford dealer. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!