RS200 v Focus RS

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery RS200 v Focus RS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEp6a2bkNk&feature=em-subs_digest

The RS has a rich heritage, decades in the making and Ken Block is lucky enough to drive both a 2017 Focus RS and an RS200. See how the two compare!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

My all time favourite RS the legendary RS200. Looks stunning in that dark grey.

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

Love the RS200, but just not convinced by the matte black wrap. Original white  still looks amazing to me.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting video thanks Kenny, I too prefer the RS200 in white

Honorary Member

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

I remember as a kid Essex police having one of these for a while back in the 80’s, also watching them on the RAC.

Whilst it didn’t really get much of a chance of the rally scene due to the demise of Group B it still looks the business, i’d love one, just need a lottery win lol

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Love the sound the turbo waste gate makes when it opens and closes on the RS200. Some might want to fit an SCC, though.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Remember the RS200 well, if I recall correctly ford struggled to sell them all, almost gave them away if my memory of performance car mag or similar is correct.

a missed opportunity

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes yorkirs, at the time I was working as a new car salesman in a Ford dealership, around late ’87 we had an internal letter through from Ford offering staff the chance to buy one at a ‘reduced price’ of £34000 I seem to remember, you got to go and pick one out, I was 24 at the time and was sorely tempted but it would have meant spending practically all of the money I had saved for a house ( which started off as saving for a Dino 246GT). Oh how I wish I had taken up the offer!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mikee
    Participant

United Kingdom

I remember watching the RS200 in the Rally of GB. Looks much better in white , as does the Focus !

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

white is right mikee !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

^^^That^^^

nilagin
    Participant

UK - England

Ken Block’s RS200 isn’t just an RS200, but one of 24 Evolution models built. The Evolution model was the first production car in the world to accelerate from 0-60mph in under 3 seconds and went unbeaten for quite a number of years.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Those RS200 where an absolute bargain brand new £45k for the Evolution and you could even push for discount as Ford had a rather large batch of banned Grp B cars to ditch.

If only we all knew, how much are they now ££££££ yep 6 figures and mid to high six figures too boot 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS200 v Focus RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!