Running 18's

Home Forums Styling Wheels Running 18's

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

phil3
    Participant

UK - England

I’m looking at getting a set of new alloys, the only size available is, 18×9 et42

Whould anyone with a bit more knowledge here to able to say if these will be fine or not?

Also I see when for sell their 18″ winter option they advise fitting a ‘steering rack restrictor.’ Has anyone got any experience of fitting and drive with them fitted?

thanks

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

What tyre size are you going to go with Phil?

I have seen quite a few running 18’s with issue.

phil3
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry it’s took a while to get back… I was looking at 225/35, but I’ve put a little research on and I’m just too worried they’ll be too tight a fit for the arches as I’ve had the car lowered

I’ll let someone else be a test mule and can see in the future if they’ll work haha

bennybonds84
    Participant

UK - England

Would it be a comfier ride with 18s and a 40 profile tire ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Not really  Benny, negligible difference in comfort with only a 12mm increase in sidewall height. Keeping the 235/35 size  on a 18″ would increase your acceleration by a bit though ! If you were getting low to mid 13 second 1/4 mile times with the 19s, changing to 18s should just get you under the 13 second mark. Nice.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bennybonds84
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Running 18's. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!