Sat nav or not

Home Forums Technology Navigation Sat nav or not

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mrenglish
    Participant

United Kingdom

I ordered my car with sat nav but is it really worth the extra with the fact we can sink with our phones?

SabrinaRS
    Participant

United Kingdom

I use mine all the time going to shows. I like the large visual display. Nothing worse than trying to look at a tiny phone display when coming to a junction. Plus it’s all right in front of you too

Helmut Arthold
    Participant

Spain

Its a great Sat Nav with lots of features. Go for it. I have it as well.

Helmut in Mallorca

Mrenglish
    Participant

United Kingdom

I was expecting the reply to be forget sat nav but no , I will keep the option ? Thanks guys for your input .

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ive ordered it, I think if you want to sell the car down the line a car without sat nav will be pretty undesirable.  I will probably still use my Tomtom though! Not sure if the cars satnav will do the speed cameras and traffic stuff.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

SteveD
    Participant

United Kingdom

It’s total rubbish*, won’t accept postcodes only, you have to fudge the street name if you don’t have it, otherwise it won’t let you proceed. Also took me to a Waitrose it thought had petrol when the location obviously didn’t. Handy if you’re down to 10 miles and you wasted 5 getting there!

*be aware I am a Mac user, so incapable of operating anything pc like….

Mrenglish
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mike Parker , not sure if those days have gone or not (having to have satnav to sell) . To be fair that was my main reasoning to tick the box .

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

well, I know if there are two identical cars available that i wish to buy, Im always going to go for the one with the sat nav, or the aircon, or whatever that makes it a better spec, its a bit like buying a Jag with cloth seats or a mercedes without cruise control ! I think sat nav is a far more important extra than a poxy heated steering wheel or heated seats in England ! Innit 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mrenglish
    Participant

United Kingdom

I ticked all the boxs to be fair including heated seats and wheel ?

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

does this decision change with sync3 though? as i can put my phone nov into the car with that, i couldnt care less if it has sat nav…do i?

Si

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sat nav or not. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!