Sciatica 😫😫

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Sciatica 😫😫

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot, as above sorry to hear this, speedy recovery

Honorary Member

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Hope you get on the mend soon Elliot.

For what it’s worth, I think I feel your pain. I think I’ve tweaked my sciatic nerve on a water slide in Crete. Laid up in pain that is very intense. I haven’t had even an aspirin since I was about 6 (48 now) and my Mrs is shoving Ibuprofen down my neck now. They don’t do anything.

Sympathise with you mate as the pain from my right arse cheek to my toes is crazy!

I always get the RS clean and good to go for when I get back but as it stands I won’t be able to drive it. God knows how I’ll sit on a plane for 4 hours🤦‍♂️

NB FPM375

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by stu-c.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve been tempted to add some comments here for months. I’m a frequent sufferer.
    my very simple advice is

get on the morphine as soon as possible

use it only for the pain, as little as possible.
    get off it as soon as you can.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you are still suffering Elliot.

Get well soon fella.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot, how are you doing, hope your coping 🤕

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Always praying for @Elliot…. to go another Spice Girl concert. 😁😊

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, last month wasn’t too bad and managed a couple of gigs. Sort of back to square one now, so fed up. Still on the meds so hopefully things will settle down soon. Thanks for your concern 👍

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I feel for you Elliot, Ive got it at the moment, came on real slowly for a few days and now ive got this pain down small of back to right leg from bum cheek to calf, one minute I cannot sit down so have to stand up, then I have to lie down and thats worse even with knees up and lieing on my back that used to ease it. Been taking co-dydramol 10/500 at bedtime so I can sleep, and literally bang on 5 hours later its worn off and im awake with the gnawing pain that you just cannot do anything with. I think long covid has got me as well, Been getting palpitations onset at the slightest bit of activity, started at the gym, got more and more tired and now a slight incline while walking and Im all over the place with palpitations , a hot sweat and breathless, had an xray last week, got bloods and ECG next week then a wearable ecg thing for 48 hours. I just hope its not the spike protein in the vaccine that all my mates tell me it is down to !! I reckon its probably the bad dose of covid I had 12 months back.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot, thanks for the update. Sorry to read your still not 100% hope you can get sorted asap

Honorary Member

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot I know exactly what you’re going through. I had a prolapse disc 15 years or so ago bloody NHS were rubbish so decided to go private took a week from seeing consultant to getting the op. Woke up and like someone had turned the pain tap off. Still got a weak back and occasional get sciatica but nothing like before. Hope you soon get sorted in the meantime try a Tens machine that really helped me although I did get a few funny look’s when it buzzed in public 😂

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Not had the RS on the road for almost a year now. Got mri scan next week for the sciatica which has now calmed down. I suddenly be became very ill 3 months ago which has been diagnosed as stage 4 liver disease. Been hospitalised twice to have fluid drained from my abdomen. Cirrhosis and cyst on my pancreas and not a heavy drinker. So no more alcohol, low sodium diet and more drugs. Feel so ill and fed up, need to get the RS sorted to put a smile on my face. Thanks for reading this.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@elliot, so sorry to read you have been unwell. Hope you feel a lot better soon especially if you can take the RS out and put a smile on your face. Take care look after yourself and thank you for the update 🙂👍

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Keep on a good fight.

Always prayin for you!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hang it there Elliot, hope you feel better soon

Lighter nights and warmer days may help if you can get out a bit.

Was only thinking earlier in the week we hadn’t heard from you in a while.

Thanks for the update, the Mk3 community will be collectively wishing you all the best.

May the Ford be with you

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

We just had our Saint Patrick’s day celebration here at work.

Here’s to your health!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by nicklulu.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Sciatica 😫😫. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!