Scorpion exhaust

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Scorpion exhaust

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

topcatrs2000
    Participant

UK - England

Morning,been looking to get a scorpion exhaust valved for my edition, is there drone on these and how loud inside, used to have mongoose, Miltek on my old rs’s, now im 56 im looking for a bit more sound from the exhaust, my son has a mk6 fiesta st with a scorpion exhaust with a sports cat and I find it too loud especially on motorways, how do others find it, also anyone near Bournemouth (don’t mind travelling)who has one wouldn’t mind taking me out in there’s, don’t want to spend a grand on a exhaust and controller which I find too loud, many thanks Tony

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by topcatrs2000.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

I have a Miltek turbo back. Loud outside the car. Good idea how loud scorpion are here. Also check out @matt b. He posted a great video previously of his

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

topcatrs2000
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for that, sounds good

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Is the scorpion cat back resonated? Can’t find anywhere that says yay or nay, even on the scorpion site.

faber
    Participant

France

No for me, really satisfied.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

sri16v
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have the valved scorpion catback system on mine.

I am sure when I bought mine there was an option for resonated and non res on the scorpion website, no longer seems to be there.

I’d listen to one before buying if you can, as its very loud, quiet when cruising round town off throttle etc..

Cold starts are ridiculous, I’m lucky I have other vehicles so mine rarely gets used, would hate to start it up early hours of the morning for a work commute, my neighbours would hate me!

Personally, I found the stock exhaust loud compared to most cars and it also had a better tone.

The scorpion and other non res after market exhausts make it sound like any other generic 4 cylinder with a loud exhaust.

The pops and  bangs are like gunshots.

I know this comes across as a negative review, but I would urge anyone to listen to an RS with a non res and decide if you really want an exhaust that loud.

I’m 37, so not like I’m a moaning old man! 😅

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve watched ‘car focused’  video on YouTube were he had the valved cat back fitted at Scorpion. The guys said that there was some process in the back box that made it sound resonated until you open the valve then all hell breaks loose lol

sri16v
    Participant

UK - Wales

When the car is warmed up and the valve is closed, it’s no louder than stock, you wouldnt know its an aftermarket exhaust.

The same when driving around town at low throttle openings.

When the valve is open however, it’s pretty anti social! 😅

I’m in the process of putting my original exhaust back on.

The resonated offerings sound a lot better in my opinion, but everyone is different.

I also found after fitting the scorpion 3″ that the power feels a bit flatter, maybe due to reducing the backpressure maybe? Or it could be my imagination

topcatrs2000
    Participant

UK - England

I bought the valved version with a j9 controller 5 months ago, I love it and I’m 57 in march

faber
    Participant

France

Same for me too, but I’m 62 years old.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

sri16v

Personally, I found the stock exhaust loud compared to most cars and it also had a better tone.

I have stock catback still with scorpion high flow cat and big turbo and mines plenty loud

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by pezzar666.

dicky
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got a Scorpion system on mine and it’s great! It can be quite loud on start up but soon settles down. It’s perfect on the motorway and fine around town, unless you give it the beans.

There’s quite a few comparison video on YouTube, but you can’t beat hearing it in person.

Magnetic Grey with Lux Pack & Forged Alloys, DSC Controller and plenty more besides

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Had my cat back fitted at MSD today, it’s brilliant exactly what I wanted, sounds hardly any different in normal mode although a little more grumbly.  But open the flippy flap and errrrm yeah!  Outside is pretty anti social with way louder pops and lift off burbles.  Inside is noticeably louder but not intrusive and can have a conversation without raising voices.

However, since driving home, an hour, I had a pee and went to surprise my son from school but the ‘Drive mode disabled’ came up straight away so no angry pops.  Tried switching off and on etc hoping that would reset somat but no joy.  I had this before as standard and has been mentioned numerous times as it’s a known issue, so once home I’ve squirted some good ole WD40 on the flap ends like before, and it seemed to move a little quicker testing it fingers crossed 🤞🏼 .  I put this niggle down to being new and just freeing up with time, failing that I’ll get the J9 controller.

But well happy 😃 with it and no drone cruising! Win win!

steve-rs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi I have a scorpion cat back with the J9 controller fitted ,love it

have a look on eBay or Facebook marketplace I think there’s one for sale on there

looks good and half the price

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Scorpion exhaust. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!