Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…

• This topic has 19 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by GM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Heat wrapped the sports cat ready for fitting on Monday along with my new pads, discs and lines. Should be a fun drive home from SCC 😁

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Nice 👌🏻

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@Jamesey78

I recently had the scorpian sports cat fitted makes the system alot more throaty. As a friend said it sounds evil😁

What the wrapping meant to do?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Enjoy it. Do you have the cat back aswell? What disks do you have? Im trying to get some EBC but everything is out of stock

440bhp

443lbft

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

The wrapping reduces heat back into the engine bay, with a turbo blanket does a real good job…

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t know why the picture didn’t post on this thread, it did on the duplicate.

@GM
    , nearly got it looking as nice as yours!

@neilrs3
    , as GM said, reducing heat soak to engine bay. Have you got full system?

@Matt
    . B, yes got the cat back on there already. Gone for EBC grooved and dimpled with yellow stuff pads and goodridge stainless lines. Got the discs and pads from Larkspeed performance on eBay.

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Was that recently jamesey78? The ebc website says they wont have stock till may ffs

440bhp

443lbft

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah, 13th Feb they were delivered. Must’ve got lucky!

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Ive sent larkspeed a message to ask if they hold stock so fingers crossed. Enjoy the cold start once the sports cat is fitted.

440bhp

443lbft

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@Jamesey78

I have cat back system xforce varex switchable valve by key fob which is a straight fit to the scorpion sports cat. I also installed the DS ultima 3+ so im pretty maxed out now with the roose intercooler added in for good measure.

Heat wrapping to stop the heat being released sound a good idea.

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt. B, I’ve got the J9 valve controller, so hopefully won’t be too bad for the neighbours at 5 am!

@neilrs3
    , I’ve just bought the Ultima 3+ to go on when the cat’s fitted. How do you find it?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

The cold start with the cat is not too bad…. Decat was evil and smelt of pure evil….. quick run to ford parts today, and ive missed driving the car. Since new tune the exhaust sound is nuts, more of a grumble and big bang now…ill have to do a vid.

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Flames with the decat though 👌🏻Noice

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

Jamesey78

Hi the Ds ultima 3 + is awesome to be honest it just does not stop giving. The car has to get to full oil temperature before giving it too many beans  though i think there is a built in protection. It always starts a discussion as to what is best MSD, Sabre & M400 etc. The dream science is mass produced so its never going to be as good as bespoke Remap but on a flip side they are not going to max your engine out and cause your engine damage due to selling it to masses.

You will love it im sure of that 😉

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

DS map does max boost totally out… first thing i was told when getting custom, don’t expect miracles as my current DS is maxing out more or less everything! All the custom gave was a refined performance for my hardware & car. The extra comes from road tuning the car under loads and so on, and just basically refining everything.  The DS map was a great cheap entry as i bought second hand, no safety’s and theres a big debate on what limits have been increased or removed??

Safety’s added in with boost with mine to protect low down high torque… which will eventually destroy things. Always get the car up to temp whatever power level you’re running, run hard cold destroys your engine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!