Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…

• This topic has 19 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by GM.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

I’m going Ultima 3+ because it’s a cheap stopgap until I get custom tuned, but I’m sure it will keep me happy for the time being. If I didn’t have the IMAP it might have been a Revo map as I had their stage 2 on my S3. I always wait until warm before giving it some, I’m a bit too much of a worrier not to!

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

I disagree with you on the maxing out the only thing maxing out is the driver regardless of any map.Β  You are suggesting that dream science are selling Maps that have no safeties and could blow your engine up should you max it out?Β  I highly doubt this i am sure they wish to stay in business and do plenty of testing and refining to sell a safe product regardless of what other tuners say about there products

All Dynos that have been posted on here clearly show how the tuners max out regardless of the tuner. The only evidence i can go on is car focused (YouTube) where they tested all the tunes upto msd 420 and the DS ultima 3 pissed on them all barring the Msd 420Β  but he did not have a sports cat fitted so unless you can post a test where that is disproven my opinion stands.

I did say the bespoke tuners will always give a better all round tune as they will tweek it to get it perfect.

Anyway Jamesy 78 give it ago and get back to us see what you think πŸ˜‰

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@neilrs3 i was using DS3 and done a power run on the same dyno and my custom before removing, could not of got a better comparison… if anything a little unfair on the custom tune as the car had 5 hours of road and dyno heat in it when second was done πŸ˜†…. i never quote stuff that i have not actually done myself? DS performed really well, but a sledge hammer map all the torque in a hit… and drives like it (low down torque kills motors, and i think this is the biggest overlook when we are looking for a cheap power increase) Im not knocking it or promoting where i had my custom done, as the DS was a great option for just over Β£260…. But not really a long term option.

Your above comparison of Gary’s car pissing over all with very few mods, clearly shows the increase of safety limits in the map. It also clearly shows it’s maxed regardless to safety or hardware. Gary’s car suffered on return run each time, due to heat.

DS have had issues (not my place to elaborate, but sure it will be out soon) Not internet info, or youtube but from a mates experience… Another guy i also speak to regular had is revo stage 2 pop his motor…. But is it the tunes? as there is a big trend of engines going pop of late? from stock, stage 2 and 600+

Biggest thing i have found from stock to stage 2 to almost sage 3/4, is you need to make the car and your set up your own… Advise is good but experience is key…. if we all chose the same it would be boring? Before picking a tune try and drive a car with that tune… save Β£’s in the long run. πŸ‘

neilrs3
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Hi your post is referencing friends, mates, and anybody to give an opinion. Dream science is not just a remapping company its a full on car business that is generating an income for the owners and the people that work there everything is based on reputation these days. I see no business sense to expose cars to damage via a remap but i could be wrong.

Im not saying your remap is not better in fact it more than likely is. What i am saying is the ds 3+ ultima map is very good you have not drove that map so you cannot give an opinion. Its quite the opposite of what you say its very progressive with no hammer torque / boost.

I agree with the Revo comment as i have had there maps in the past on other motors and the ones i had were aggressive to the point of no enjoyment.

I also agree that is you are really going to go for it and take it to stage 3/4 then i would take your advice and go custom or save all the hassle and buy something faster to start with πŸ˜‚

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@neilrs3 only referencing myself and one mate mainly who is having a complete ball ache with DS, and actual people i speak to on a day to day basis… Not anyone i cannot just pick the phone up to. Not youtube not he said she said actual events that happened / happening and going on to a level where i would love to share, just to prove my point… but its not my place, but will all come to light very soon if his issues are not resolved, everyone gets a chance to make good and cover up mistakes.

Business sense….. anyone producing a DIY flash tune is only in the business to make money! I would do exactly the same πŸ˜† Custom tuners cannot make money as fast as selling off the shelf handsets fact! This is cross the board with handset maps tho and not just DS… with the exception of a few who do allow you to data log and modify to your car, getting the safest – best option for your exact set up. Look how well the mountune m520 map worked out! πŸ’©

Example of cost (I was also blinkered, thinking custom was really expensive)

DS map new Β£475 +update for U3+ +Over run Β£675 ish??? (but you can get Β£260-Β£280 back on re-sale)

Custom Β£595 With PDC turned off, Fake noise off, Keyless off, Full power drive mode added to dash selector 438 Bhp with water meth, Sport mode extra pops and bangs 4-5, low power mode 400 Bhp. Modes change as you do now. Torque limited with boost, so 492 ft lbs doesn’t destroy stock rods. An actual print out of your car and whats its doing, not a should be or guesstimate Β£595

My whole point and issue is saying the DS map is safe, regardless to which is better…. the best is what suits you, hardware and your pocket 😎

Best off the shelf map car i have driven FPM375, i have not drove the U3+ if it was a free update i would of tried it. I was one of the few who actually posted the DSU3 making close to quoted figures (due to heavily modded hardware, with the map).

My car is purely a toy to take apart improve & have fun with… Enjoying time spent with my car (ford) mad daughter. Building a car / engine / gearbox Β and so on is not hassle is a hobby interest and 90% of the fun of it? At the mo it’s not got no rear seats, some panels and all the boot hatch internal are stacked nicely in my garage.

If i could buy a 550 – 600 Bhp Factory RS i would πŸ˜‚ and theres not allot, if anything i can purchase with that power level with my debit card without my wife finding out 😭

My point to all this, there are allot of younger guys who look to forums and so on for advise and what to buy, don’t give them info like DS is safe… quality and so on… its a cheap quick fix option! And you have to go into any modifications eyes open… If it’s a daily you rely on, you owe any money on it stay away from all but the fpm375.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by GM.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Scorpion sports cat ready to go on…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!