Service due warning on dash ?

Home Forums Performance General Service due warning on dash ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Steve Gerrard
    Participant

United Kingdom

Anyone had this car is 4 months old not due a service yet

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wow! you must have been driving that hard and done loads of track days!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Steve Gerrard
    Participant

United Kingdom

If only

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Could it mean an issue?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Had any DTC’s show up before? Maybe certain ones could trigger this?

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

Steve Gerrard
    Participant

United Kingdom

Nothing showing going to call Ford today And will post update when I know more

wackka
    Participant

UK - England

when was build date?

Racing is life

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

I had this issue with my RS, when I took it into the dealership I was told “the RS has an algorithm built in to ECU to assess how hard it being driven vs oil temperature / condition”. Not sure how true this is, but that’s what I told. This happened to me at about 8000 miles, fortunately I changed the oil and filter at 6000 miles as an addition precaution and peace of mind, but I didn’t reset the service computer. When I explained this to the technician and showed him the service history, including the receipt for the Genuine Ford parts, he cleared the service warning from the computer and all was well.

However, please let me know if they tell you anything different as this would help with my current situation.

Not to worry you, as it may not be related, but 1300 mile after this issue my RS is currently sat at the dealership with a blown head gasket.

Steve Gerrard
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi

car was built March this year, spoken with the workshop supervisor at my local dealer.

it would appear the service indicator wasn’t reset at PDI by tech

he has talked me through how to reset via using pedals so well see how we go

oil and water levels are spot on, car is always warmed up correctly until cold start switches off before being driven off

cheers

johnny10hands
    Participant

UK - England

I had that after a spanking coming off a roundabout 2 weeks ago. Was in normal mode and it came up as the back end stepped out of line before stepping back in. Thought that it may be because being in normal mode the exhaust flap is closed (?)

Pulled over in lay-by. switched off ignition and switched on again. OK and no reoccurrence (so far). April 17 car with 5k on clock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Service due warning on dash ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!