Shell seat base side covers

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Shell seat base side covers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Hi. I’ve seen these a few times and would like to get some, but it’s proving a challenge…

I’ve called SCC who had Carbon ones on their site, but they don’t have any in stock and have said getting them in carbon right now is nigh on impossible.

Personally I don’t care if they are in carbon 🙂 plastic is just fine. I like the look and also it will cover the slots which have a nasty sharp burr on them anyway.

If you know where I can get some please let me know!

ta!

Finsti
    Participant

UK - Scotland

If there the same as a mk2 focusRS I’ve got a new set of carbon effect ones that were never fitted with set of separate Mountune stickers now that I’ve sold up.

cheers.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Finsti.

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Hi @finsti

can you send pics please? Also assuming they are right now much do you want?

you sold Mountune stickers?

ta

Finsti
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Will dig them out at the weekend and post photos I’ve got the stickers to go with them.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

How do they attach?  double sided tape?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Yes I believe so, with tape

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Some have foam DS tape others have Velcro

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Finsti
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just looked them out and there not the same as photo above mk2 focus has 2 bolts on side so these covers have 2 holes to sit over bolts

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Ah that’s a shame. Thanks for checking.

richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

Still having no luck at all finding any of these, not in carbon or other materials 🙁

If anyone knows where to find some please let me know

cheers!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Looking at the picture, to me it doesn’t fit properly as it’s the wrong size,  perhaps the pictures is the later lower seat cushion and the cover was sized for the earlier seat structure?

Anyway, I’ve been thinking of ways to make these covers. Think I have an idea, just looking for some materials.

My thinking is not to use a carbon sheet, it would be more costly and getting a long enough piece not so easy to find.   So, I suggest using either a Nylon or similar sheet then either wrap if in one of the carbon effects, or possible have it Hydro dipped.  As always it will come down to cost.

I’m also thinking to clip it on rather than tape, that will need a bit of development.  Or just double sided sticky pads, cheap and crude?

I’ve ordered some RECARO stickers, in dark blue, will see how they look.

See if I can mock something up over the next week.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@mexicoian theres been no Gregs sausage rolls in there! Looks mint mate 👍😍

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers GM , although looking like I’ve had a few pasties 😅

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Made my first prototype set yesterday.  First picture below.

So many options on material and finish, this is 2mm ABS sheet with carbon effect skin/print.  I have some 3mm which will much better. I made up some clips and made use of the slot on the side frames.  In all honesty, while guarantees accurate alignment it just added time and cost to the job.  Velcro would be easier, as log as no risk to the paint being damaged if removed.

Graphics came from DMB, they have  4 sizes and various colours. this is the 200mm size in midnight blue, I went subtle.

If anyone is interested in a set I can help out with CNC cutting the sheet to size. As everyone want something different, the rest is possibly best left to people to DIY.  Ie, wrap it, have it dipped, choose sticker etc.

Real carbon sheet seems hard to find long enough, need 500mm, plus is expensive.  Could do aluminium as well, what ever really.

RS Valance1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell seat base side covers. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!