Shell seat squeaking

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Shell seat squeaking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Seeking advice.

My Recaro shell seat with JCR lowered frames has started to squeak. It occurs most audibly obviously when driving through corners and shifting my body mass. I can’t figure out where it comes from exactly but I guess it’s the lower back/joint.

Does anybody know where to spray WD-40 to remove that annoying noise?

Cheers 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Mikael Johansson
    Participant

Sweden

For how long have you been using the JCR lowered frames? I have been using them for about six month and no squeaking noises from mine.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Mikael, it’s exactly one year now. But the squeaking became audible before, say after 7 months or so. Normally, the music is louder so I don’t always hear it 😉

I didn’t notice it before the JCR frames were installed, but that doesn’t necessarily correlate since the seat has been the same from stock.

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Mine has a slight creak and I think I’ve isolated it to the slider adjustment/release handle.

I can get the seat to creak when stationary by pushing back on it when sat in it.

If I waggle the adjuster handle up and down a few times without moving the seat. Then repeat the pushing back in the seat process the creak has gone.

I think the spring or latch on the slider probably needs a bit of grease.

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

YEAH same for me adjust seat couple of times noise gone !!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Cheers guys.

Adjusting the seat helped. As I guessed, it was related to the back of the seat or its angle to be more precise. The present condition now is: steep back angle (like in a rallye position) > no squeak. Shallower angle (like in a sunbed chair) > terrible squeak. No WD-40 needed 😉

Rockdad
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys, I’ve got this issue too. Drivers side only and only when cornering left, although you can induce the noise when static and just shifting your weight to the right. Tried adjusting the seat (fwds and back and angle) to no avail.

Does anyone know what else to try?

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

same issue drivers side and LH corners. will ask dealer when car is in for headwork

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Resurrecting an old thread! Was there any solution to this? I’m getting it from the drivers seat when doing left hand corners so body mass leaning towards right of seat.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I get a constant squeaking from my passenger seat which I’ve worked out to be the bukle for the seat belt. Gonna either put something on it or I’ll need to try get a spanner down and adjust it. Really don’t want to have to take the seat out as I cannot be fooked

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell seat squeaking. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!