Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.

Home Forums Performance General Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’ve been flat on my back in all day, cursing the day I ordered the bloody things. I’m going to give this a go before I take more drastic measures!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N6OE8LP/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

I got the standard recaros after debating the pro’s and con’s.

A bad motor bike accident at 17 yrs  and back surgery at 33 yrs, now 55 yrs.

I made the right choice 🙂

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

TheGardenShed
    Participant

UK - Wales

Stretch your hip flexors and lower back, strengthen glutes and you core. Makes all the difference! I used to have back pain sat in a car or any kind of seat for that matter. It’s not necessarily the seat but more that your posture is being screwed by instability. Trust me, I’m a marine and I work on small boats in high sea states, my back has taken a battering and a half! Wish I knew how to fix myself a few years ago!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

You really did make the right choice, Elliot! Fair enough, Barney, I’m not going to argue with a marine. I’ve had neck issues for years but lower-back is a new one for me. Being old sucks!!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

It might be they just don’t suit you,  being a seating engineer I would agree with above, it’s often down to posture and how you have adjusted it. Many recline a seat to far or slouch and don’t get the right lumbar support.  Personally I find them comfortable, their shape and form feels pretty good to me so I don’t think their is any inherent design issues.  Experiment with back angle, steering wheel adjustment as well, don’t stretch to reach anything etc. Make sure your ass is pushed well back into the back of the squab and cushion bite line.  If all else fails buy a Volvo ..  😀

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

@9designs – The main problem is my lack of a sport back to fit my sport seats. I may be old but I’m too young for a bloody Volvo.

TheGardenShed
    Participant

UK - Wales

Give these a watch when you have some spare time to kill, really informative and he knows his subject well!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Thanks, mate.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’ve got my cushion and its fantastic. If you do get back issues I’d recommend one of these in a heartbeat.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t knock the Volvo…  my V40 D4 R-Designs before the RS was a great car, better than the German options  (and is on the Focus platform)

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I actually like those cars. Maybe I’ll buy a Volvo in ten years time………

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Sold it to a chap half my age !!!!   Nothing like breaking a few stereotypes and myths 😉

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’m saying I’m too young for a Volvo but I need a special lumbar cushion to drive my RS. Maybe it’s time to give in.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@howsey, one for the future, well maybe

Photograph

Honorary Member

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Possibly my next mode of transport. She’s a beauty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!