Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.

Home Forums Performance General Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Howsey. Exactly the same for me mate, the day after getting the RS I thought to myself as I drove along ” there is no lower back/lumber support in these shell seats” Im more used to seats that kind of come out very low on the upper squab and push into your lower back, Im a little aware that sometimes Im driving with my lower back kind of arched away from the lower bit and youn can fit your hand between your back and the seat, it should be like olde Recaros etc that had the adjustable lumbar support that comes out and pushes your lower back forwards, slouching or fully relaxing in theses seats is a no-no. I was thinking about some sort of pad/flat support to wedge behind my back too !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tommy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve a bad back and my MK2 seats were the best i’ve ever had. When I got the MK3 I felt the seating position was at a slight angle when compared to the MK2. My back felt like it was twisted with no support around my right hip area (I could put my hand in between the seat and my upper hip) and I was a bit worried that the seats would make my back worse as there is no real lumbar support. Its now coming up for a years ownership and the seats never cross my mind. Maybe it’s because they have moulded to the countours of my fat a**e but they are certainly comfy enough now.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

@Tommy – I am a bit slim on the hip, maybe I need to gain a bit of weight.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

@Mike – Try a lounge cushion, mate. I don’t want to talk anyone into spending £40 on something that maybe wouldn’t suit them. I’m 5′ 11″ with a 32″ waist, it may not suit everyone.

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

I traded my Mustang GT (big comfy chairs) for RS with shell seats and I find them to be very comfortable. On the test drive they seemed a bit firm but my arse has quickly adapted ?

stteb
    Participant

UK - England

Had shell seats in my mk2 focus RS

But had standard seats .in mk 3 RS Much more comfortable . Now I am a few years older ?

Still look nice thow

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stteb, likewise I had shell seats in my Mk2 focus rs whilst comfortable the standard seats in the Mk3 (for me) are more comfortable

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Me two gone from shell seats to the standard in this car and saved over a grand.

Coastliner

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

I disliked the shell seats when I first had a test drive so it was a no-brainer to go for the standards

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell Seats Are Crippling Me.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!