Shell seats

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Shell seats

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

My RS has come with standard seats fitted after I had ordered the shell ones. The garage has ordered me some shell seats I just wondered if anyone had similar problems and how long the seats take to come from Germany.

J J
    Participant

United Kingdom

Didn’t think you could retro fit them ? Hope it goes well . Maybe speak with ford uk and ask them how long they would estimate ?

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi JJ

Thanks for that I will give them a call, hope you can change them had set my heart on shell seats

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I would be a bit miffed myself. Ask the dealer if he is prepared to pay any extra you may have to pay on your insurance premium?! Post factory i.e dealer fitted extras/modifications are classed as modifications per-say by most insurance companies whilst Factory Fitted Options are not!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes, they will simply bolt straight in, I’m sure you wont need to bother consulting your insurance company !! or putting in a compensation claim like so many people seem to do at the first sign of any slightest issue!  have you not thought about leaving as -is ? in the future it could be a sought-after rare car ! a factory mis-build ! ( that’s assuming the dealer hasn’t simply put you into a cancelled order that arrived before your one was due to arrive!!)

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Straggler
    Participant

Germany

Swapping the standard seats with the Recaro CS will cause some electronic pain due to the fact the shells have no air bags.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

Read the Consumer Protection Act Robbie and get exactly what you want. Your order says shells so if you want them, get them. Seems to be a good sign they can be swapped because they have been ordered, but based on my experience of Evans Halshaw Wolverhampton I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them because they told me mistakes they made couldn’t be rectified, although I managed to get them sorted myself. Sounds like your dealer is more helpful so work with them but make sure what they tell you is correct. Maybe ask Ford CRC to confirm the swap is possible and estimate how long it will take. Get everything in writing. Good advice from Tony re ensuring your insurance don’t charge for a modification. Check that won’t be the case every year you renew or change companies. Is the car registered yet? Ask for compensation for time and money wasted sorting out the dealers mistake. It’s about time Ford dealers raised their game and gave consumers the service they deserve, and took responsibility for the consequences when they make mistakes.

Good Luck, Keith.

matty_n
    Participant

United Kingdom

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the rear bench different (more sculpted) with CS seats as opposed to standard?

So are they retro fitting the rear bench as well or just the front seats?

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for the responses guys I have been disappointed with the level of communication from Evans Halshaw right throughout they said over a week ago they had ordered me some seats from the factory in Germany  and I have heard nothing since so I emailed today and still waiting for a reply I‘ve got a new RS in the dealership waiting for me. GUTTED!

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Its terrible mate. To be honest, if tge rear bench is also different Id be even more hacked off. As you say, communication is/was non-existent.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

My heart sank for you when you mentioned Evans Halshaw. Which branch Robbie?

matty_n
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’d be inclined to escalate your complaint to Ford UK Customer Services. Might serve as a ‘motivator’ to get Evans Halshaw to rectify the issue and they may also be able to expedite the parts chain a bit quicker for you.

Try  the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 0203 564 4444.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’d reject the car and demand a replacement to the correct spec. ….  why else order a new one if you can’t get what you want.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Dr

Its the Preston branch

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

That’s what they are trying to resolve now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell seats. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!