Shell seats

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Shell seats

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Got my new seats delivered and fitted but as someone already suggested it has thrown up the problem of the airbag light on the dash has come on does anyone know how easy or difficult this is to put right

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Robbie,

Surely that’s Fords problem not yours?

Coastliner

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

disappointing….serisouly, if id had a car delivered that wasn’t per my order id not even take it out the showroom.

how do they compare? are they worth it? did you get them for free?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Did this car arrive early before you expected it? Sounds like the dealer has put you into a cancelled order. Have you checked your original order number and chassis number ( if they gave you one during the waiting process) on Vista or etis to see YOUR order’s status? maybe the airbags can be turned off in the vehicle settings by the main dealer so that the car doesn’t miss whats not fitted any longer ! Not a position I would want to be in after spending £34000+

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Not picked it up yet trying to resolve it but heard today that the seats cant be changed and to get a car to my spec will take 12 months any advise would be gratefully accepted

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I think its time to stamp your feet and throw the teddy out of the cot. If you clearly ordered shell seats its up to Ford to resolve this and quickly.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Well, if its a blue car , the std seats do look good with the blue flash, could you not live with them? think of the added benefits of height adjustment, more airbags, map pocket in the rear of them, and I think for a back seat passenger the CS do look quite awful, and have a nasty metal bar/tube  going across at ankle height round the back which stops rear passengers from stretching their legs under the front seats, and in my opinion could do a lot of ankle/foot damage in a frontal impact. failing that, I’d cancel the order, get deposit back and ring round all the Ford dealers and buy a cancelled order the spec you want. I bet one comes up within 3 weeks.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

If you are not happy bin them in and look elsewhere. If you accept it its already been messed with (how do you know theyve not scratched something putting new seats in. Youve got airbag light issues, the rear seats will not match the Shells (so resale value and potential customers may be put off). Its hassle and explaining that you just should ‘not’ have to do!!! Demand what you’ve paid for or tell them that if getting the right spec from somewhere else will cost you a) time b) increased costs (eg car/accessories went up 2k in total) that you will sue them for the difference.

The law and forum is on your side. You have the paperwork, theyve cocked up…not your problem. Whatever you do do NOT accept if you are not 100% happy as you are legally shafting yourself if you do and they wont be in a rush to fix it in the same way as if you dont pay and demand what you paid for.

All the best, Dave;)

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

^^^^ wot he said. excellent advice.

to be honest, the car will be an abortion, its been messed about with, and the inconsistency between front and rear seats will screw residuals. but at the end of the day, its not what you ordered. dont accept it.

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It’s Evans Halshaw, they’re useless. They’ve had a chance to rectify their mistake and failed. They haven’t mentioned the rear seats. They have left you with a devalued Frankenstein car. Tell them to get you what you ordered ASAP from a proper dealer who knows what they are doing. It’s their job to supply you with the spec you ordered. They can waste their time finding you a cancelled order instead of wasting yours. I wasted time rectifying Evans Halshaw’s mistakes with my order. It took 6 weeks and was worth it as I got the right result in the end. I didn’t trust them to get things right with DVLA, because they told me what I did couldn’t be done, but I knew better. In your situation, it’s out out of your hands. I’d be talking to a solicitor, or at least Citizens Advice by now. Evans Halshaw are a bunch of amateurs and I hope forum members will warn prospective owners to avoid them like the plague.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Good luck getting things sorted,   Keith.</p>

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

My advice:-

Firstly contact Consumer advice. I have used them in the past very successfully. Tell them what you want and see what they say regarding your chances of  achieving it. They will give you a ref number for future use each time you contact them.

Personally I would reject the car under the basis they are in breach of contract by simply not supplying what you have ordered and demand they re-order.There are many issues e.g lower quality, insurance classing as modified (see my earlier post) and future re-sale value.

Good luck.

RobbieB
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks to everyone who took time out to put posts on but sadly I told Evans halshaw today to refund my deposit 9months wasted

Hope you all enjoy your RS’s

Cheers

Robbie

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

if you definitely want the shell seats, then rejecting is the best thing. as some others have said though, why don’t you accept the better seats….? 😉 😉 😉 – i’d even say you’ll have it if they throw in a few hundred quid goodwill too….

Si

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Robbie,

Its a tough decision after a none month wait, picked mine up today, and if you don’t explore the opportunity to purchase elsewhere you will regret it sometime in the future. I don’t know why your cars has the seats that were not specified but I would put money on the dealer has cocked up somewhere along the line. These cars are superb and the market leader. So look for a cancelled order.

Coastliner

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

You have dodged a bullet Robbie not having to deal with Evans Halshaw. In my case, there was nothing wrong with the car, apart from a tiny chip to one wheel the detailer sorted. They still managed to get plenty wrong however. They make mistakes and they don’t care about sorting them out. Compensation and goodwill are just not in the Evans Halshaw dictionary. If you look for another RS elsewhere, one thing is guaranteed, you will be buying from a better dealership. If you find a cancellation, you will be able to check it before paying for it, without enduring the lottery that is the Ford comedy ordering process.

Good Luck, whatever you decide.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shell seats. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!