Shocking Theft Figures

Home Forums Technology Security Shocking Theft Figures

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Shocking figures taken from the last two months from ‘Midlands Car Stolen’ Facebook page

I think Ford have a security issue!

Cars Stolen

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

From what I’ve understood all makes are just as vulnerable, the table shows as much about desirability than easy to nick it, they are the brands the thieves are currently and normally target, because they are useful for another job or desirable etc.  I mean who would try and use a Hyundai as a get away car!!?!??

Proof that extra is needed, ie Ghost.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

More Fords sold than any other vehicle….. maybe……

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Shouldn’t it be “Shocking Theft Figures”.

We all know how desirable the RS brand is, these cars are mainly stolen and busted for parts for resale or for a doner car.

Remember the Cosworth era and the accolade of the most stolen car in the U.K.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Would be interesting if they could break this down in to models so we could see a % of RS’ out of the 95

My guess is the majority of them will be ST’s (both fiesta and focus) and RS’

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I might use this Hyundai as a get away car!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/hyundai/hyundai-i30-n-review/

LOL

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep N cars are gonna be good if that’s there first offer

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Screw it. Just use a prius. Great getaway car

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

Plenty of us here have already lost cars here, so don’t take my scepticism as being in denial of the problem Ford has  with security, but the numbers on Stolen Cars Midlands should be taken with some caution. The Fiesta is the best selling car in Blighty so with plenty on the road (and a ready market for stolen parts) it is of little surprise to see Fiestas popping up on the page every month. However, no Ford has made the top 10 list of most stolen cars. In fact, that list is topped by the BMW X5. The other issue is that there is a fair bit of self-selection bias, so it can’t be seen as a realistic sample of stolen cars that have gone missing in the Midlands.

Putting all that to one side, it really irritates me that they seem to have shown even less interest in this than the head gasket issue. I’m not expecting any manufacturer to admit liability, but it would be much better we could see some sign that they are trying to tackle it. The Fiesta Mk8 is as vulnerable so I’m told and no doubt the Focus Mk4 will be too.

ALV Orr
    Participant

UK - England

Off the point a bit but how come theses cars don’t auto rolling lock when you go over 4 mph ain’t that an anti jacking system?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

alv Orr, who gets hijacked while they are moving? You need to lock you door as soon as you get in, that’s when you are vulnerable!! While you are sat there putting on your seat belt and starting it up. NOT while you are accelerating away !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just got my Ghost fitted yesterday and the doors lock at 6mph it never did that so pleased its installed coupled with the Disclock and the Arlo cctv that texts me when theres movement at the car also the RFID signal blocking pouch i feel i have done all i can to prevent it going on a drive without me in it as Chris said there not driving it away regardless of where you leave it, should i advertise the auto watch logo or not what you guys think on that.

123railboy
    Participant

UK - England

I’m undecided if I should put what security system I have stickers on, there’s arguments for and against.  Why advertise what you have in case they do know away round it but then again it may prevent a broken window with them trying to take it,hard one. I suppose it’s just up to you and what you think is best

Full spec red edition ? standard

Dr. RS
    Participant

UK - England

No stickers for me although there was a poll on here and the majority (was about 70/30 when I looked) went for stickers on. Up to you. As some people have commented previously, I like to be different. They won’t know a way around it … with updates.

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

@zondas Personally, I think it’s a bad idea. Why give them advanced warning of the security on the car? As 123railboy says it may save a window, but in the long run gives them time to plan a way round it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Shocking Theft Figures. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!