SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Home Forums Performance Engine SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Evening Marc ! the story continues then!  I think even with the new torque wrench he is overtightening the head nuts !! hes not stopping when he sees the green light, it looked like he continues “just for good measure” sort of thing to continue tightening until it goes RED !! I think he casually tossed away the arp lube for the head studs too and loctite’d them in ! I hope he lubed under the head nuts before fitment too and the treads ! I think I would have considered putting the sealant on the underside as well as the top face of the head gasket, because if its there to stop a possible leak between water way and chamber or somewhere else over the top of the gasket, by the same reasoning it could also creep and leak UNDER the head gasket, so I would belt and braces seal both sides at those two locations Ford identify. good to see some legs too !! ha ha ha

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening Gents!!

Latest installation is here…. BIG Revelations guys!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like he is giving up. He sounds very unimpressed with the 2.3 motor. Well its was entertaining whilst it lasted. Suspect he may go Mustang.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Evening mate!! Yeah he’s selling the RS, putting it back to Stock and getting shot of it. I’m quite disappointed to be honest, I had really hoped he’d sort his issues with the Block and fit a bigger Turbo then get her custom tuned!! I think he’s just had enough. Must be a Hell of a thought doing all that work and putting it back to stock to sell??

He’ll have a few more videos before he sells it no doubt, but I’ll not be as keen to watch them if it’s not the RS that he’s working on.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I am the same disappointed wanted to see him hit 600bhp

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I feel sorry for the poor person that buys it.?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t suppose its an April 1st joke ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@irelmo

If you check back to the early posts I said the self same thing that I wouldn’t want to buy a car that had been messed about with like that and certain people jumped down my throat. I maintain the thoughts that an unmolested car with a full history will always be more attractive to sell.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

coast, imagine if he trades that in with all/most of the crap he put on taken off and it resembles a std car, some poor sod is going to end up with that and down the road think to themselves “what the hell was everyone on about? this car drives crap and rattles and vibrates and keeps breaking down” it will put them off Ford for life, that car is really like an early ford prototype/test vehicle, really it should be destroyed !! 😎 !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

I always suspected that it was a project too far. My suspicion is there is a load of stuff not right after his strip down then rebuild then strip down. Interior panels have been removed and replaced then removed again and he admits to being into $15000 to $20000 so that’s a lot of money. And don’t think he will get top dollar for the car. I am no expert but from what I have read the Eco boost 2.3 is not designed to go much over 400bhp.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think the engine can handle more than 400, its just that it needs to be done with stuff like camshafts, ported cyl head, reduced compression pistons, forged bottom end and a bigger turbo and intercooler, all this tuning/mapping that just over advances the ignition timing closer to pinking in an attempt to get more torque really just over stresses the pistons, head gasket and bottom end for not a lot of reward

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

Sorry maybe I didn’t make it clear I mean without doing all that stuff just bog standard no balancing forged pistons, just a standard set up. But I take your point if upgraded it could go above the 400bhp.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no worries mate, I got your point, I was just agreeing innit, I think the mountune 375 is probably about the max you wanna go if you want the engine to last and not get all smoky after a while etc etc!!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

& theres more..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hes back…

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to SHORT BLOCK UPGRADE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!